10 | A bunny.

He didn't hesitated and he carried her to the bedroom, as she was pale and weak.

- Poor guapa mia, you're so stressed out about everything huh?..- He layed down next to her and rubbed her cheek.

- Sorry..- A whispered letted out her mouth.- You're right, I'm stressing out. But please, let me go back to work, I'm going crazy sitting at home.

- We'll see how you will see in the morning okay? I'll bring you some water hold on.- He qucikly went down, and was just about to come back to Audrey with a glass of water, but he saw someone litteraly staring at him standing by the window.- What the fuck..- He whispered to himself, but didn't recognize him cause it was too dark. Melendez didn't wanted to stress Audrey even more, so he grabbed his phone and called the police. He saw Audrey coming down the stairs with the help of her cane of the handrail.- Guapa, what's going on?- He quickly came closer to her and helped her out.

- You tell me..- She was terrified.- I heard you, what's going on. Why did you call the police.- Audrey looked around and saw the face in front of theirs window, and jumped from anxiety.- Oh my God Neil, oh my God, oh my fucking God..- She held his hand very thightly. Audrey immediately recognized his face. It was Kashal.- You called the police? Please tell me you called the police Neil, please.- She started to have a huge panic attack.

- I did, breathe baby. As long as I'm right here you're safe.- He hugged her and brushed his hand through her hair.

- It's Kashal. He will hurt me Neil. He wants me fucking dead..- She sobbed loudly.

- Breathe, you're safe. You don't have to explain this to me okay?..- They heard the banging on the door again, which made Audrey jump and hyperventilate even more.- Shh, it's the police, sit down baby. You're shaking.- He helped her out and held her hips as she was sitting down.

He went to the door, and he was right. It was the police, so he letted them in without hesitation. Three of them started looking for this psycho, and one of the cop stayed at their apartment to talk to mostly Audrey.

- So, you know this man?- The cop started writing down every answer, and information. Audrey was so terrified, the shaking was taking over her body and she was coughing like when every panic attack she had.

- He's my ex-husband..- She was looking down as the tears rolled down her cheeks.- He was abusive the whole time we were togheter, that's why i divorced..- Neil, and everybody that knew Audrey defenetly didn't knew about this. She always said that it just didn't worked out. Melendez immediately held her hand and rubbed her back.

- It's okay, breathe..- He whispered right into her ear.

- Is there any particular reason why he would do things like that?- Audrey was speechless by this question.

- Excuse me?

- Oh you know, maybe you cheated?- The cop look straight into her eyes.

- No, I don't know. He threatened to kill me, the only reason why he's acting like that it's beacuse he's a narcissistic psychopath.- She tried to stay strong, don't burst into tears and don't walk away.

- Is he, or did you wanted to see him like that?- Audrey had enough. She grabbed her cane and processed to walk away.

- If you ever ask that question again, I'll make sure that they fire you.- Melendez looked at him dead in the eyes, and helped Audrey with the walking.

- Do you take any drugs or alcohol?- He asked out of nowhere.

- Why would you ask me questions like that.- She was getting more and more hurt by his words.

- You're walking is a bit unsure. Let me guess, heroine?- Tears stopped in her eyes and she almost fell. Good that Melendez was right next to her.

- I had a deadly accident. Please don't talk to me.- A single tear rolled down her cheek.

- You better go out immediately, they got the psycho, chop chop. You don't have a job anymore.- He quite litteraly kicked him out of the apartment and closed the door.- Pendejo..- He whispered to himself. Audrey broke down and sat on the floor when holding off the cane which made it fell with a loud bang. That was her bigger fear. Not being trusted, or believed in what happend. That's why she didn't told anyone about that.- Mi amor..- He immediately hugged her.- Shh..

- Why does that keep happening to me, god..- She sobbed in his shoulder.

- You're safe, I'm right here.- He kissed her temple gently.

- What does he want from me, why do i have to keep going through it.- She cuddled into him, as she picked her up and went to the bedroom. She didn't even tried to fight it off. The only thing that she cared about right now was the fact that she could be dead.

- I have a lot of patients tomorrow mi amor, but there's no way I'll leave you alone here.- He layed her down on the bed.

- I can go back to work finally? Pleaseeee.- She hugged him trying to calm herself down.

- Okay, yes. But if you feel weird please give yourself a break.- He kissed her, wanting to know more about this psychopath that was stalking them, but at the same time, she was clearly uncomfortable, so he waited when it would be all okay.

- I will.- She started to fall asleep, but all of her muscles were tense beacuse she was so anxious.

In the morning, they both got up at the same time really. Audrey got ready, and Neil made coffee as the night was kinda rough. He wasn't expecting to see Audrey walking down the stairs all on her own, but holding down the handrail with both of her hands. It was tricky, and her feet were very weak, especially the left one, so she was more dragging them on the stairs than getting them up in the air, but there was a lot of improvement.

- Look at youuu..- He smiled from ear to ear seeing that she did that on the first try.- First, you're looking fantastic, and second, you're doing fucking amazing.- He gave her a kiss, but realised her cane was upstairs, and so did Audrey.- I can get it.

- No, I'll be fine. I feel much more stable in the couple of days.- Neil was a little worried for the first couple of seconds, but when he saw her walk on her own to the kitchen island he was truly speechless. Of course, her knees were a little bend, her feet were curled up kinda, making her drag them on the floor, and her steps were short distanced. But it was amazing.

- Oh my god, guapita. You're a real wonder woman.- He kissed her deeply, as he was super proud of her.

- It's a little hard but, I'm getting there..- She giggled and kissed him too.

- For sure, you look like a cute little bunny. That's why I call you conejito - He helped her put her leg braces on, so the contractures in her muscles doesn't get worse, and it's easier for her to walk when she needs to.

- Bunny? Why is that.- She putted on her sport adidas shoes as they were perfectly contoured to the braces.

- First, when you were a resident, you always wore these bulky glasses and that remained me of a bunny somehow, I don't know.- He laughed.- And second, when you walk now, you're getting so concentrated that your hands are in that funny position.- He gave her a cup of warm coffee.

- Thanks babe.- She kissed his cheek.- And what do you mean, funny position.- Audrey was a bit confused.

- I don't even know how to explain it. You change them into fists kinda, and directs them inward.- He smiled and sat next to her.

- God, that's so embarrassing..- She giggled, as she took a small bite of her bagle, which of course Neil forced her to eat. She was very neasous from the medicine.

- It's not, it's cute actually. And you're making so much progress, I'm really, reaalllyyy proud of you.

- The cop yesterday kinda annoyed me, and I guess that gave me a kick in the ass for making progress.- She sighted.

- Oh he was a dick, don't even try to listen to him alright?

- Noted.- She smiled and gave him another kiss.
_______________________________________