26 | Heartbeat.

Audrey woke up because of the alarm that went off on her phone, so she slowly opened her eyes and wanted to turn it off and get ready for the day, but she felt a light hug from Neil.

- You're not going anywhere..- He said have asleep, she only chuckled and tried to get out of his hug.- You have a ultrasound today, come on. Just stay homeee..- He tried to convince her but she was hard to break.

- Babe you know we both have to..- She giggled and kissed him softly as she sat up, he just repeated her move and kissed her on the temple.

- How do you feel honey?- He rubbed her back still waking up a little. She even looked better, so he knew it was a bit less painful then yesterday. Her face wasn't as pale and weak so it was a good sign.

- Good, I might use a cane, but good..- She smiled back and kissed him again.- You know what? I thought about what you said, and we should let Asher do the damn baby shower..- She chuckled while still doing this just beacuse Wolke loved stuff like that.- Nothing big though, just friends.

- Yeah absolutely.- He answered and changed his clothes.- I don't want anything huge either.- He said and turned his face back to her and smiled in the same second.- Ay! Look at you!- He giggled and kissed her while hugging her. She didn't even realize the baby bump that wasn't invisible for the last weeks, now appeared out of nowhere.

- Whaat?- She didn't fully understood what he meant which made her blush a bit.- I swear to God if you're trying to flirt with me again I'll-..- She immediately stopped talking once she looked in the mirror.- Oh.- Audrey was even more shocked then Neil.- Holy shit, oh holy fuck.- She laughed and looked at him with a smile from ear to ear.- Neil oh my God!- Lim giggled once again and hugged him immediately. The hormones took over very quickly, as tears started to form into her deep brown eyes.

- Ay don't cry mi amor!- He chuckled as he held her close into his chest, and then placed one of his hands on her much more visible pregnancy bump. It wasn't huge, it was just visible especially for the people that knew she was pregnant.

- Wait..- Audrey realized something.- How does Asher even knows about the pregnancy? We haven't told anyone, only Morgan knows.- When she realized why, jaw dropped a bit.- Neil! We promised not to tell anyone you asshat!- She hit his arm as a joke and rolled her eyes.

- I'm sorry alright?- He giggled.- It slipped, I promise I haven't told anyone else even by mistake.

- Alright, alright..Shaun will probably tell everyone anyways..- She sighed.- Do you think anyone will notice at work?- She rubbed her more then ever visible baby bump.

- Nah, I don't think so. It's not huge or anything, especially that you are thin so it kinda fits not gonna lie.- Neil smiled and kissed her on the cheek while putting on his jacket.

Audrey and Neil got into the black tesla and drove to work with their favourite songs quietly going in the radio, so it's not deadly quiet.

- Shit..- Audrey whispered to herself when they already parked in the hospital.

- You alright?- He asked softly when clicking off his seatbelt.

- Yeah I just realized I forgot my cane, ugh..- She sighed and put her head back on the headrest when closing her eyes.- I'll be fine though, don't worry.- Melendez wasn't calm even when she said she'll be fine, which most of the time wasn't true. She just wasn't used to her emotions to the point that she put it away and lock them in a cage.

- You sure babe?- He rubbed her thigh softly, looking at her with intense care on his face.

- Yes, I'll just have to push through it.- She wanted to get out of the car, but Melendez immediately held her by the wrist gently.- Neil I really will be fine..

· breath is all that matters ·On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara