14 | Who cares.

- It's okay, I know it's loud here..- Neil whispered to her, as she started to come back from the seizure.

- I uh..- She looked around and hardly swallowed.

- Let's sit down okay? You're a bit disoriented.- He picked up the cane and helped her to sit on one of the beds.- Let's take a couple of deep breaths alright mi amor?- He brushed his hand through her hair. His pager started to go on and off once again, the girl that was the victim of the accident had internal bleeding in her stomach so they needed to do a surgery asap.- Shit..- He whispered to himself.- Dalisay, I need a bit of help here.- He stopped her as she was walking by.- Audrey just had a seizure, but i need to do an emergency surgery, can you have a look at her until everything comes back to normal please?

- Oh my god, sure.- She immediately sat next to her, but Lim was just looking down being super confused.

- Thank you so so much.- He told her and quite litteraly ran to the OR.

After a three very long hours, Neil was finally done with the surgery. He searched for Audrey, but she was nowhere to be found. Melendez started to panic a bit, but everything calmed down when he went into the lockers room. She was sitting on the floor, playing with her necklace, as tears was falling down her cheeks.

- Guapa..- He sat next to her and hugged her.- What's going on?

- I don't know, I feel like I do everything wrong, or not good enough..- She started to wipe her tears away.

- Why do you think that? Did someone told you something?- He was gently rubbing her shoulder as it was very calming.

- No but, I feel like such a burden. The stuff that happened in the emergency room..- She looked at him.- Maybe I should leave the job Neil..

- Do you feel unsafe here?- He wiped a single tear that roller down her left cheek.

- No..

- Okay then, there's nothing to worry about mi amor. Everyone here knows the situation babe, and also, you're the best surgery chief in the country.

- I just really don't want people to look at me differently. I can't even prevent these, it's so exhausting.

- Oh, I know. But it takes time, your lab results are much better, and you haven't had a seizure since last week guapa.- He changed from his scrubs.

- Andrews don't seem to even care about that. I felt fine later, and there was a scheduled brain tumor surgery.

- How did it went?- Melendez locked his locker, and noitced from the side of his eye that Audrey was nonstop starting at the place where she was almost stabbed and raped, but didn't interrupted her talking.

- I don't know.- He was shocked, and immediately looked at her.

- What do you mean? Wasn't it yours?

- It was, but when I scrubbed Andrews all of the sudden told me that I'm not capable of doing it and gave it to Shaun.

- Beacuse you had a small five seconds seizure?- Neil was clearly annoyed at Marcus behavior.

- Exactly, oh and he told me that he should fire me cause Kashal was my husband and could harm all of the people in the hospital.- She also changed.

- What the fuck? He should fire Dalisay with that mindset too than, but of course he won't cause they fucked.- Audrey giggled, and put some chapstick on her lips.- If he treats you like that I swear to the fucking God.

- I'll be okay, don't worry. Maybe he had a rough day or something.- She closed her locker as Melendez hugged her from behind.- I'm sorry, I shouldn't burst into crying and act like a toddler. The trauma reliving is super tough, I don't even know why I didn't stood up for myself, or just told him to fuck himself.

- Oh don't be sweetheart. You went through a lot of shit, and it's understandable to react like this babe, it's hard.- She was so greatful for him, that he understood her like no one around.

- Damn, it's getting late. I think we should get going to get all of the stuff from my house.

- Yeah you're right, come on hottie.- They walked out of the locker room, and Audrey laughted really hard when she heard how Neil called her.

- Don't you ever call me that again.

- Oh why not, it's the truth.- They got into the elevator.

- Maybe, but we're not in highschool.- She kissed him right on the lips, when all of the sudden Claire got into the elevator. They jumped and stopped kissing, but she probably already saw it.

- Dr. Melendez, dr.Lim, good night.- She smiled, but Audrey saw it wasn't really honest. Melendez wanted to asked Claire something but she already got off at this point.

- Weird.- Audrey stated as they were walking of the hospital.

- What?

- Browne's behavior, isn't it?- She sat in Neils black Tesla.

- A bit, I don't even know really. I don't pay attention to her.- I have a hottie in front of me.- He laughed seeing how annoyed she was when he said this.

- Neil I swear to God.- She fastened her seat belt.- I'm going to do something to you if you call me like that once again.

- Oh like what hottie?- She only smirked at him.

- Like that.- She only leaned to kiss him, and it quickly turned into litteral making out.- I think we should go, someone could see us..- She said in between kisses, but Neil only placed his hand on her cheek.

- Oh who cares..- He kept going with kissing her lips. Nothing would stop them from making out, but Neil honked using his elbow by accident, which made them both jump away from eachother.

- Holy fuck that scared the shit out me.- She laughed and placed her hand on her racing heart.

- Sorry.- He started laughing too, and finally turned on the car. Audrey was laughing until something started to really concern her.- You good?

- Yeah sorry, I'm just lost in my thoughts for a bit

- You sure?- He wasn't very convinced, and placed his hand on her lap.- We can talk through it if you feel comfortable enough.

- I am don't worry, the seizure made my brain feel like shit, I just have to get some sleep.- She smiled at him.

- I can imagine mi amor, you were so confused when you got out of it.

- Was I? I can't remember a single thing out of it, only the last bits and pieces when you hugged me

- How about we do ourselfs a movie night this evening?

- What movie?- She smiled a bit, realising how many details does he knows about her.

- Take a guess.- He parked his car.

- Spider-Man?- She already knew the answer, but it was so heartwarming everytime.

- Exactly.- He gently kissed her cheek.
_______________________________________