Chapter 1

Byeol POV

A typical morning was what I would have called it if it wasn't for what happened a few hours ago.

As usual, I was walking down the vintage street on a one fine cold morning with my joggers and a sweatshirt on, watching parents sending their children off to school, husbands giving their wives kisses before heading off to work, and shops slowly opening up for the day.

It had become a daily routine for me to see people in the mornings, so I never much cared about it anyway.

Well, you can't walk around seeing everything without thinking, or maybe like some people, overthinking about life when you do your daily routines. And there I was, thinking and overthinking if my whole life would be this way.

A boring life as a boring adult, who can barely keep herself awake in the morning and can barely bring herself to sleep at night. Only listening to music and regretting life decisions, but never working on it to make it better.

And to just have a daily routine of walking at five in the morning, reaching back home to shower and have breakfast only to rush out for the office at seven because I take too long to bathe. It's not my fault that I come up with intelligent yet stupid ideas while I'm in the shower! It just runs through my brain!!

After a tiring day at work, reaching home at five in the evening to take a nap, only to forget to place an alarm once in a while to wake me up, resulting in oversleeping.

Just a normal life with nothing extraordinary. That's what I would have said, but I wouldn't. Because life gives you surprises when you least expect them.

And all because of these stupid thoughts, I was oblivious to my surroundings and did not hear a man calling out to make way whilst running for his life, and rammed into me, pushing me face first into the ground.

Thank the gods my reflexes were quick, or else I would have had to overthink again, this time on how to get surgery for my nose at the least budget.

I looked over at the man in confusion, wondering if he was a blind one or a stupid one as he didn't see this huge yet human-sized woman in front of him.

The oblivious and dumb me could never get it. I was in his way, but I was too indulged in life to notice he had called me out.

He was in pain. I could see that, but who was he running from?

I got up and turned back to look at the chasers. There were six of them, and they were approaching quickly. They were a few meters away from us when I caught the man's hand in a hurry and asked the world's-most-stupidest question, "Are you a good guy or a bad one?"