Chapter 2

Byeol POV

"Are you a good guy or a bad one?"

He was shook but chuckled. Of course, he must have thought I was a dumb woman, but you can't blame me. Other women may have just been crying, pretending to hurt their feet, and then ask for his number.

He was good-looking, of course. There's no denying that.

"A good one," he said.

I pulled him up, and no more words were exchanged, and he slung his arm across my shoulder and I dragged him with me. He was tired but I had to save him. I can't stand bullying and injustice, whatever his issues with those six giant-sized bull dudes were. I could feed him later to them if I wanted to.

I knew all the shortcuts from the street because I had to escape from my bullies most of the time. I also lived on that street for longer than I can remember, so I ought to know some shortcuts.

I could see all the people looking at us and the bull dudes, some in confusion, some in worry, and in very few, an undeniable emotion of pity. But they didn't want to meddle in our business, I guess because they never came forward to help.

I didn't have time to ask for help either, so I pulled him with me into a long abandoned building with many rooms, a place where I came when I wanted to hide from people.

Not everyone knew about the fact that one of the doors was unlocked because nobody would waste their time trying to test if all doors would open. Most would just open two to three doors and give up, but one of the last doors is always open.

And here we are in the room where both of us sat down in the corner of the room, behind a few cardboard boxes. The man began to groan in pain, and that's when I noticed the huge cut on his right leg, a lifeline of crimson hue oozing out of it nonstop.

Did he run all the way from wherever he was to here with that leg? He must be desperate to escape from them.

I took off my sweatshirt since I already had a t-shirt on underneath, and tied his leg with my sweatshirt to prevent it from further bleeding.

He groaned and thanked me, but I was more concerned about our hiding place.

There were six of them, and it wouldn't take long to open this door if they separated and worked.

"What's your name? Are you from around here? Why are they chasing you? Can I trust you since I'm saving your life?" I asked him all that in a whisper before those bull dudes came in and picked us up by our legs. I mean, they are HUGE people!!

He chuckled and said, still groaning in pain and breathing heavily, "I can't...answer...all of your questions... right now, but... uh...I can say my name is Jungkook, and uh....you can trust me...I'm not gonna do....anything to you."

I nodded and gave out a sigh of relief. If he does something stupid, then I can inform the police about his name and also make them sketch that gorgeous face of his. Or maybe feed him to the bull dudes.

A few seconds later, I heard the dudes enter the building and motioned Jungkook to be quiet. He held in his pain and nodded.

We took deep breaths. All silently. Praying that they wouldn't spot us. Prepared myself to pick Jungkook up and run in case they ever entered. Positioned myself on my knees, waiting.

We waited in silence, hoping they would go back and give up the search. All went silent, so I guessed they decided to go check somewhere else since the place was rusty as hell.

I let out a huge sigh of relief holding my chest, became calm, and looked at Jungkook. He heaved a long sigh and smiled.

And suddenly the door opened.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Daydreams, just so you know, I put in two chapters in a single day!! I would be uploading them every Fridays and Sundays at 1pm UTC ( universal standard time).

Hope you read my story and comment on it. Silent readers can comment too! I'd be more than happy to read the comments.