Chapter 3

Jungkook POV

The door suddenly opened and I saw the girl stiffen. She quickly collected herself and pulled me, motioning me to crouch down and follow her.

We were sitting behind a few boxes in the room, so they didn't notice us right away. We walked further away to another door in the room, and she pushed open the door quietly.

So much for being a dumb woman.

All the lights entered the room upon opening the door, and our location was exposed. She grabbed my hand and ran away, and I could see them chasing after me.

After running through lots of narrow spaces and streets, we lost them. The girl pulled me into one of the apartments in the street and jumped into the elevator. We were panting so hard with all that running, but I had to know my saviour.

"You asked me everything but I haven't asked you back. Since you are my saviour, what is your name? Can I trust you? Why did you save me? Where are we going now?" I asked her back, grinning.

Laughing was all I heard for a few seconds.

That laugh...it's familiar. Sweet and loud yet beautiful. She looks cute while laughing, though. Wait, what? Why do I have such thoughts? Did I acquire Stockholm's syndrome or what?

I shook off my thoughts mentally and waited for her answer.

"So it's my introduction now, huh? Anyway, I will begin from the last. First, we are going to my house since I don't think there is any other place you can go without encountering those bull dudes. If you have any other place then we will go there at noon. Second, you can trust me since I trusted you, and of course, I don't look like a thief or a murderer or, much worse, a mafia. I saved you because I knew you were in trouble, and I hate seeing people helpless. And finally, for my introduction, I'm Han Byeol, 22 years old, an AI engineer, and here I am blabbering all about me when you only told me your name."

Wow, what a long paragraph, and she said all that in under one minute??!! She must be appreciated for the fact that she spoke so fast that she could be a rapper.

Now coming to look at it, Byeol didn't look Korean, so I presumed she must be a foreigner. And she isn't much that you can call pretty even if she looks like a nerd. Her skin isn't clear like every girl, though. She's got a good body, I must admit, but I wouldn't have known that if she hadn't removed her sweatshirt.

She had round and sparkly eyes where one could see their reflection so brightly in them, and brown wavy hair tied up in a ponytail with a plain black hairband. Fair porcelain skin is so smooth on her body, but her face seems to disagree with it.

I had to reply to her, or else she would think I was checking her out, which I totally was.

"Ahh... So I'm Jeon Jungkook, 25 years old, from Busan and I don't think you would like the fact that I'm a mafia."

She froze for a second before asking me, "Are you gonna kill me just because I found out your identity and saved your life? If so, I will just forget who you are, and then let me live my life in peace."

I chuckled internally before replying, "Not a way I expected you to react, but don't worry, I ain't doing anything to you. I was trying to escape from my clan."