Chapter 6

I'm feeling motivated today so here's a double update!! Also, the people who have my story in their library might be getting notifications of my updates from previous chapters, but just so u know, I'm just changing the fonts.

Not delaying further so lesssgoooooo.

_________________________________________

Jungkook POV

"Where have you hidden Jungkook?"

The only thing I heard when I decided to eavesdrop on them got me shaking my knees.

Will they enter the house?

Will they find me here?

Even if they did, would they leave Byeol alone?

Much worse, will Byeol tell them?

I sat on her bed, overthinking about every possibility that might happen. I didn't even care to listen to what Byeol was telling them.

I was worried. For her and myself. If they found me, I would have to go back to the clan, and who knows what they would do to me. I have to go back to the cruel and harsh murders of innocent ones, and I can't bear to see that.

And as for Byeol, they might tie her up and leave her to starve, maybe use her body for their pleasure or turn her into a mafia like them. Thinking about it gave me creeps, and I wanted to do something; anything, to keep her safe, even if she was no one to me.

I was so engrossed in my thoughts that I took no notice of someone watching me for a few minutes, leaning against the door.

"What do you think is going to happen now?"

I jumped and fell off the bed, scared because of the sudden voice I heard at the door. I placed my hand against my racing heart, trying to calm it down.

And of course, seeing all this, there is Byeol laughing hysterically, rolling on the floor with unsteady breathing, finding my actions funnier than so-called dad jokes.

"It wasn't that funny," I muttered under my breath and got up from the floor, dusting myself in the process.

Byeol's laughter ceased slowly, wiping the tears that were falling from her eyes, only to see my face and start laughing again.

At this rate, she wouldn't need any medicine in her life... Why? Cause laughter is the best medicine.

"Are you done?"I asked, clearly looking pissed because now wasn't the time to laugh and joke around.

And I think Byeol caught the hint since she straightened herself and had a poker face on, all in just a second.

How did she do that so fast?!

"I sent them off from here, but it won't be long before they come back here," Byeol began while lifting her butt off the floor. "It seems like they are tracking your phone to find your location. I had to lie to them saying I was a thief and stole your phone...Only because the phone's location was here. We need to switch off your phone and get you a new one. I will be right back with a new phone, so be a good boy and stay here. Don't go out, alright?" she commanded, then cooed when I pouted.

"I will feel bored if you go. Can I have something to entertain myself?"I asked, hoping she would do something for me.

"There is the TV if you want to watch."

"But I don't want TV. It's boring... Can I have your laptop? It is easier to surf in there."

"Sure, but don't look into my gallery nor install any viruses...If you know what I mean."

I blushed furiously, knowing exactly what she meant.

"Of course, I wouldn't. Now, can I have it?"

"Ya sure, go on," she waved her hand dismissively, heading towards the door.

She turned back to wave one last time and headed out the door, locking it before walking away.

I waited a few moments to make sure she was not returning and then turned to the laptop, giving myself a sinister grin.

Time to explore the gallery...