Chapter 15

Jungkook POV

"Name's Sung Jin, Bae Sung Jin."

I stood there, flabbergasted, and shook my head.

"Okay, so your name is also different. What else have you lied to me? Are you a mafia like he is too? Do you plan to return me to that bastard just like you promised him? Don't I mean anything to you?", I said, blinking back the tears that were threatening to fall from my eyes.

"I haven't lied for most of the things I've said, Kookie. I only lied about my name. I didn't mention my father's name nor I told what happened to me. I didn't lie, I just didn't say."

Thinking back to it, I realised what she said was true. She never told her father's name and she never told much about her life either.

"You, from the beginning, start", I said, pointing at her and sitting down on the floor, since Byeo- I mean, Sung Jin didn't let me sit on the sofa.

"So where do I begin? I'm Bae Sung Jin, the daughter of Mr. Kim, who saw her mother die because of the so-called illness that my father had made up to kill her. My mother knew he was a mafia when she fell in love, but she didn't know the consequences. She was threatened one day to kill my dad herself or else all of us would die. She loved him too much but she could only agree to kill him.

With all the regret filled in her for her upcoming act, she attacked my father. He didn't know what was going on and fought back. The next day my mother was lying on the hospital bed, bandages all around her head and torso and lying to me saying she was ill.

But I knew better. I saw all the threats she received and the attack on my dad. I saw how he wounded her and then realised what had happened. I saw how he took her to the hospital and said she was attacked by someone else. I saw how he injected drugs into her so she would die. He valued his life the most. He valued his job the most. We didn't matter. It was him and all about him."

Oh good lord, she must've been so hurt.

He began training me at a young age, with two other boys. The Hana you know, is me. I was the one who ran away from everything. I was the one who left you with those jerks. I was the one who was so selfish that I forgot about you. I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to leave you alone. I thought if I could live a better and stable life, then I could come back for you. But I didn't see you there. You were gone. The hideout was gone. It seemed as if the location changed and no traces were left out. I didn't know where to begin the search. I'm sorry I left you out there. I should have been more mature. I'm sorry."

She is my Hana. She had been near me all this time. She was the one I loved. I'm so glad you are back.

She began sobbing, tears streaming down that beautiful face of hers, a face with imperfections but appears completely pretty in my eyes.

I walked towards her, reaching my arms out and hugging her by the waist, her head resting on the crook of my neck and tears staining my shirt.

She took staggering deep breaths and spoke again, "I knew I wasn't doing the right thing but I had to stop looking for you. I was tired, too tired to even get up from my bed but I tried. I just couldn't find you. It was like you vanished into thin air."

Sung Jin then calmed down, wiping her tears on her sleeves and moving back to the sofa and settling herself there, and continued, "Then I changed my appearance and my name, made myself look nerdier to blend in with the people, but I don't know how he found me. I mean, I believe I look completely different from who I really am but how is that possible, I don't know.

I began making plans to fight my father if I ever came across him. Trained a few people every day when I went out for my job. The times when I come home late are when I'm training them. I decided that if I had to end this mafia clan, I had to become a better mafia. A mafia that does good, a mafia that is good. It was a tough time to start but people were willing to join.

My two friends Kate and Susan knew I did something that nobody knows, but they never bothered to ask nor did they want to know. And I wanted to keep it that way.

I went to my hideout and trained all evening until their family called them back home, trained them very well that they could even fight back in their sleep. And all of this was done for this day. My dad wouldn't just make a deal as simple as that. Everything he does comes with a price. And I'm pretty sure something is going to happen."

No sooner had she finished speaking, the doorbell rang, making us turn our heads to the sound.

Sung Jin walked over to the door and opened them, and revealed the very person who was standing next to Mr. Kim while the latter was negotiating with her.

"Uncle, you are here!"