Chapter 16

Jungkook POV

"Uncle, you are here!"

Sung Jin was ecstatic about seeing her so-called Uncle.

I should have known she called him here. If Mr. Kim can be her father, then he can be her uncle too.

"Kookie, meet my uncle, Mr. Bae. And of course, you two know each other but I wanted to introduce each other as my family, "Sung Jin spoke up.

"Wait... Mr. Bae? Sung Jin are yo-"

"Bae is my mom's surname. And uncle is my mom's brother. I didn't want to go after the name Kim when the Kim I know is a trauma."

"So you were Kim Hana back then? How many names do you have?"

"Kim Hana is my birth name, Bae Sung Jin is the name I changed into after running away, and Han Byeol is the name I introduced myself to you. I didn't trust you enough back then to tell you my name but since I had to tell you about my past and my family, I figured I'll tell you about this along with it."

Oh wow, I have no thoughts. But wait... aren't you thinking now? Idiot.

"Oh ok. But what brings him here? You didn't call him here for no reason right?"

"Oh right, I called him because we need a plan. And if we have to know what my dad is planning, we need him. He is on our side, no worries."

Sung Jin then turned to Mr. Bae and asked about the plan, moving towards the sofa and pushing it across the room while he spoke.

"I have no idea what your dad is going to start with", he began, "but it did seem like he was interested in your friends."

Sung Jin froze, only for a second, and continued pushing the sofa. She then moved towards a button on the floor which was hidden under the sofa all this while and pressed it, a digital password lock appearing on the side of her room.

"So what is he planning to do with them?" she asked, typing in the password and it opened a closet on the blank wall next to her room.

Never knew there were things like this in this small house. Who am I kidding? She is an AI engineer for God's sake.

"I'm not sure but I think you would get a call soon saying he is holding them hostages", uncle continued while Sung Jin opened the closet, and displayed a well-fit fighting suit. And anyone would mistake it as a Black Widow suit if it weren't for the dark blue designs on it.

She pulled off the suit from the mannequin it was displayed on and turned the shelf.

Oh wow, bulletproof vests and grenades? I wonder if we are going to war or fighting her dad.

"Fighting my dad is almost like fighting a war Kookie. Except this doesn't have a world intervention."

Wait did I think out loud? Oh god, so embarrassing.

"You look cute when you are embarrassed. One of the reasons why I like you."

I stared at her in shock, not believing what I heard.

"You heard right Kookie, I like you. Why do you think I didn't kick you out after all this time? Why do you think I helped you when we first met? I knew it was you Jungkook, the one I had been searching for years. And I knew the moment I saw you. I saw the cute and determined Jungkook that I saw back then. The twenty-year-old you and the current you are not that different, you know. The one who said no when I offered to escape. The one who wanted me safe more than himself. The one who showed hearts in his eyes every time he talked to me. I saw it all, but believe me, I wanted to show it too. But I just couldn't. I like you Kookie, I really do, "she spoke, not breaking eye contact even for a second, making sure that I knew she meant every word of it.

I don't know how long we were looking at each other, scanning each other's faces and taking in all the beauty, but an awkward cough from Mr. Bae pulled us back to reality.

I was fantasizing about my future with her and he ruined it. Evil man, I'll make sure you can't stare at your wife's face like this all day.

"Enough with the romance, haven't you noticed your phone ringing Sung Jin?", Mr. Bae asked, pointing towards the phone dancing to the ringtone.

Sung Jin took the phone, and a dark shadow casted over her face. She turned to us and said, "It's that old man, my dad."

________________________________________

Guys please don't be silent readers... I would really appreciate it if you react to my story. I really want to improve myself and I can't if there is no reaction.

Also, Happy new year to all of you!!