Chapter 9

Hi Daydreams!! I'm feeling motivated today so here's a double update!

_________________________________________

Byeol POV

"They have been following me for the past few weeks, end of story."

Jungkook had an are-you-freaking-kidding-me look on his face as he sat there, waiting for any other sentences to flow through my mouth.

When he realized I was not going to utter anything else, he began, " That's it? You are going to end it right there? You have a lot to explain, lady."

I sighed.

I should have never given him the laptop... Remind me next time when I'm about to share something.

"See, all I'm saying is that they have been following me, keeping track of my activities. I don't know why they did that, but first, I assumed they wanted something from me. If they wanted something, they could have asked me. They didn't, so I assumed something was going to happen or they would be stalkers. They never interfered in anything, so I couldn't care less."

"You can't just think anything like that, that's my boss's car right there. He wouldn't follow you for no reason!" he argued back.

"Wait, that's your boss's car?!"

"Well, yeah, that's why I'm asking you. Mr. Kim must have known I might run into you or maybe you can be of his help to catch me. I'm worried about my life now."

And I thought he was concerned about me for a second.

"Well, if that's the case, why would you sit at my house right now? Aren't you supposed to run away or something since I could be your Mr. Kim's accomplice?"

"No, I won't, I trust you enough... Wait a minute, how do you know his name?"

He stood up from his seat, all alert and prepared to fight if anything went wrong.

"You just mentioned it, you idiot. Or how would I know his name then?"

"Really? I thought you just exposed your identity being on Mr. Kim's side."

I facepalmed once again and moved to the kitchen to stay hydrated.

That's the second time I've facepalmed ever since I met him.

"So," I began, "What now?"

"What now?" he asked back.

"Aren't you supposed to go somewhere?"

"Where can I go?"

"No hideouts? Secret places? Hidden tunnels? Nothing?"

"Hey, that only happened in movies. I had only one hideout, and they were there too."

"Okay then, you stay here. I might as well have some company, even if it means letting an idiot live in here with me."

"Don't you dare call me that."

"Idiot."

"I swear to God I'll kill y-"

"You can't. I wouldn't allow you to."

"How could you even interru-"

"All we do is argue now. Can we stop that?"

"Yeah, we should."

We stood there awkwardly in silence, waiting for the other to break it.

He won't do it, I might as well start.

"So, let's get you some clothes since you're gonna stay."