Chapter 4

Hey Daydreams, double update today!! I was feeling quite under the weather but this lifted my mood, so here I am!

Not delaying much, lesssgooooooo.....

--------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook POV

"Don't worry, I ain't doing anything to you. I was trying to escape from my clan."

She was confused and I could see questions flying over her head, but the elevator door opened, so I motioned her to lead the way.

She walked over to her apartment, unlocked the door, and let me in before locking it. She told me to take a seat and went to bring the first aid kit.

Her house was a pretty simple design like every woman would like her house to be in design terms. The apartment was neither big nor small. Just enough to live a rich life with a limited budget.

She sat on the floor and began treating my leg while I decided to explain to her about everything.

"I know you have a lot of questions in your head, so I will start from the beginning. My father was one of the most trusted men in the Kim clan, the most dangerous and richest underground mafia gang in South Korea. He was the right-hand man of Mr. Kim and was known to be loyal to the leader.

Mom, of course, didn't like my dad being a mafia, so she always fought with him. One day, the fight got so heated that Dad lost control and shot my mom in the head. He showed no regret and no sorrow, but instead, he got me in training to be a mafia so that I was as heartless as he was. I was on my mom's side, but the way my mom was killed mercilessly remained on my mind, and it still does, so I had no other choice but to give in.

My dad wanted my brother to train along with me, but I made a promise to dad that I would train hard in place of my brother. Things went fine with the training until one day, my brother tried to kill Dad because he saw me with bruises and cuts. And then he was shot dead just a week after my mom had passed away.

I, by then, knew this was going nowhere, and he wouldn't even hesitate to kill his own family. So, I decided to be a rebel after I reached the end of my training.

Years passed, and I had completed my training, along with the death of my dad, because he was killed by our rival gang during a fight. I only felt anger in me thinking about why they hadn't killed him sooner. He killed the two people I could call family and left me alone in a cave of darkness. That's when I knew it was time.

I began rebelling, not participating in fights, and always making excuses to escape. Finally, I ran away, running away from the leader, running away from my responsibilities. I would have kept running if it wasn't for you bumping into me, "I said.

Byeol was listening with the utmost interest and crystal clear tears in her eyes, most probably knowing the pain of losing a family member. And boy, I was right.

"I know how it feels to lose someone you love. I lost my mother when I was five. Dad said she was ill, but I don't think that she was. But all I know is that she is in peace and rests after all the stress." Byeol confessed.

"I'm sorry for your loss."

"You too."

By this time, Byeol was done with treating my wound, and she went to keep the first-aid kit back.

"Were you the only one in the training? Weren't there any other kids with you?" she asked while sitting on the sofa next to me.

"There were two kids, a girl, and a boy, and both of them were six years old. The boy was Cha Eun Woo, and he was abducted after his parents were killed for not returning the money they borrowed. The girl was Kim Hana, the daughter of the leader. I was the older one there being a nine-year-old, so I was happy.

A few months after my training had begun, Eun Woo was traumatized by all the things going on around him. The gang realized he was no longer useful and decided to end him. I had already seen him as a good brother, so it was hard for me to move on.

Hana and I had become the 'best friends of all time'. We enjoyed each other's company and had almost the same thoughts. Despite being the daughter of the leader, she hated killing innocent people mercilessly. We joked around after our training and had fun all the time. She was the one who made me feel like... me again..."I said, staring into space with my eyes twinkling in adoration and love.

"But all that was for a few years. She had become so tired of the training that she ran away. She asked me if I wanted to go with her and live a decent life with no mafia and no fights, but I was too scared.

Scared that I would lose her for running away with her, scared that they would find us and shoot us, scared that because of us, I would be putting everyone's life in extreme danger since the mafia king was somebody you shouldn't mess with. So I denied.

I denied it, even though I knew it would break my heart to let go of the one I love. I had to let go for the sake of the populated country with innocent people and for Hana's happiness. I had to... and I still regret it."

I began tearing up because that was something I couldn't stay strong for.

Byeol came forward and hugged me, not saying anything, probably because she knew that it was better to say nothing. I cried and cried till my tears were no longer running and my throat was dry. Let us also not ignore the snot that fell on her shoulder in the crying process. She didn't seem to mind I guess.

Byeol walked over to the kitchen and brought back a glass of water. I drank it and calmed myself.

And just when we settled down, the doorbell rang.