Chapter 19

Five years ago

Another one. Another innocent human killed by Hana's father. Right in front of her eyes. Killed even after all the begging and pleading.

Hana could do nothing about it. She was taught to control her emotions. Never to let them out. She was sick and tired of it. She didn't want to stay there any longer.

She turned around on her heels and walked back to her house. Her house was right next to the camp so she did not require a car. She walked into her room and began packing her bags, filling it with all her necessities.

She did not want to stay any longer. She was moving away. Going undercover. She did not want to be seen. Not by anyone. Especially her father.

She packed the last of her bags and looked in the mirror for the one last time. Maybe, she would never get to see herself like this again. Maybe, no one will see her again. Not even...

Jungkook.

She had forgotten Jungkook. She had remembered his words about leaving with her. They had discussed this years ago.

She took her bags and called Jungkook to meet outside her house. She had just stepped outside when she saw Jungkook kicking rocks and waiting for her. She ran towards him with her bags.

Jungkook, who was in his own world, came to his senses and saw her running towards him with her bags. He sensed that she was going somewhere.

"Where are going?" Jungkook asked, a serious expression plastered on his face.

"Away. And I called you to inform you to pack your bags. We are leaving this hell. Forever," the smiling Hana said, pulling his hand and walking in the direction to his home.

"Wait," Jungkook said and pulled his hand away from her. "What do you mean? How can you leave just like that? Where would we go? What would we do after that? We can't just walk out like that. Did you discuss it with me?"

"We are leaving Jungkook, I can't take it anymore. Dad killed another one and I'm so pissed and disappointed. He is never gonna change. I have an apartment that I rented with my allowances. No one else knows about it. We will live there.

And as for the job, I'm in my last year of high school, I will graduate in a few months. We can look for part-time jobs so that we can pay my fees and if you want get you educated too. We can go undercover as new people in the city and live. I thought we had discussed this few years ago, Kookie. Why do you act like this was uncalled for?"

"That was a few years ago, Hana. We have changed. We are older, more mature. I can't leave. I would be putting everyone in danger. Even you. No, I won't do it. I'm staying here. I'll protect you this way."

"Kookie, we are putting no one in danger. It's just us. What would happen to the others?"

"They are gonna come for us Hana. Do you want more innocent people to die? Eun Woo is already dead. You know how painful that is. Do you want more of them to go through this same pain? You know what your father can do. Don't be selfish, Hana. I'm doing this to protect you and the others."

"I understand," Hana said, choking on her sobs and blinking back tears. "You need to know that sometimes, it's good to be selfish. Sometimes, we forget we are humans too. We need our wishes and desires to be fulfilled too. But I understand. I understand you a lot. Let me tell you something. I'm going away no matter what. It doesn't matter whether you come or not. So goodbye. Hopefully we'll meet," Hana and turned to walk away.

"I'll come. Give me a few years. I'll put an end to this and come back to gou. Wait for me, please. Don't break up with me. I can't lose you. I'll be back."

"I'm waiting," Hana said before walking further away till the darkness engulfed her walking figure.