Chapter 28: Wardrobe change

******

Nancy was determined to have Lisa go on stage with her. Lia had no choice but to agree, after consulting the company.

Seeing that they had finally come to an agreement, Lisa sneered and put away her phone.

Lia didn't know much about Nancy's plan, so she didn't know what she was up to. However, Lisa, who had read the novel and understood Nancy's nature, had a good guess about it.

Nancy was about to have a rude awakening. Unfortunately, she was Lisa, so she would only end up humiliating herself.

She wanted to trample on her to set herself up as the terrifying newcomer? Not so soon!

Lisa pushed the door open and went in. She sat down in front of the empty dressing table.

When Lisa strode in without even greeting her, Lia's expression turned ugly. Frowning, she ordered the staff beside her, "What are you waiting for? She's going on stage soon, so hurry and do her makeup and change her clothes."

The makeup artist had been arranged by the company. The one in charge of Nancy was a well-known makeup artist in the industry, who was bound to make her shine on the stage. The one in charge of Lisa was an assistant in his team.

When she saw a person approaching her with a cotton pad, Lisa evaded them. "No need. I've found another friend to do my makeup today."

"Do you know how much resources the company put into their makeup team? They set up the red carpet, they arranged the stage. Are you trying to go against the company?" Lia was very unhappy and felt that she was deliberately messing with her.

What was going on? Although Lisa had always been willful and temperamental, she would still listen to the company's arrangements. Why did she become so rebellious now?

"Haven't I always been like this?" Lisa flashed her a fake smile.

Lia was stunned. Was she still living in the past? At that time, fresh-faced Lisa was a new popular celebrity. Her fans paid for her, and she could even make money for the company. But now, what commercial value did Lisa have left?

Lia stopped herself from complaining. No matter how much she looked down on Lisa, she was still an artiste under her company. If something happened to her, she would be the one to take responsibility.

While suppressing the anger in her heart, Lia had no choice but to soften her voice and say, "There's still half an hour before the stage, and we have to go to the waiting area in advance. We don't have that much time to wait for your friend. We'd better get your makeup done quickly, change our clothes, and wait for orders backstage. It's just a stage performance, you don't have to go through so much trouble."

At that moment, Lisa's phone rang. She turned around without sparing Lia a glance.

She got up to open the door and saw Annie with her makeup team.

David was one of the best stylists in the country, and his student, Annie, was also quite famous in the industry, so Lia recognized her at first glance.

Lia looked at Lisa in surprise. "The friend you mentioned is Annie?"

Although Annie was a girl, she had short hair, thick smokey-eye makeup, a lip piercing, and a leather jacket. She looked cool.

When Lia recognized her, Annie nodded at Lia as a greeting. Then, she looked at Lisa and said, "Time is a little tight. Let's get the makeup out of the way first and then get you changed."

Lisa nodded silently. She sat back in front of the dressing table. The team brought by Annie swarmed up and surrounded Lisa. Some did her makeup, and some did her hair.

When Nancy saw this, she pinched her own thigh and took a deep breath. Then, she instructed the makeup artist. "Keep working."

She kept consoling herself in her heart. She was a capable person, and she did not need to care about people like Lisa, who only had her face going for her. This would only lower her level.

The style that David designed for Lisa this time produced the image of an ice queen. It changed the previously smokey and mysterious style on the red carpet to one that featured glitter and high contrast to wield the dazzling lights of the stage.

A short black vest outlined her ample chest and framed her thin waist. It was matched with a high-waisted short skirt. On her feet was a pair of asymmetrical, half-tube boots that ended just in the middle of her calves, making her legs look slender and well-proportioned.

After her makeup was done, Annie clapped her hands in satisfaction. Compared to the bright and sexy red dress on the red carpet just now, Lisa seemed to have changed completely. She looked sultry and energetic.

________