Chapter 105: Bygones

************

While everyone fell silent, an old man's voice was heard. "What are you guys doing here?"

Everyone made way for an elderly man to be wheeled into the room by a servant. This man was none other than Old Master Jeon.

Behind him was Jungkook . Jungkook quickly walked to Lisa's side and reached out to pull her into his arms.

Old Master Jeon's eyes scanned Lisa from head to toe. Then, he looked at the driver and Daisy on the bed.

"Get that man out of my sight. He no longer works for us," he said.

His eyes stopped on Daisy. "Daisy, what's wrong with you? Are you not satisfied with the marriage I arranged for you? Every time you start a fuss, I learn that you're either trying to get into the pants of some small-time actor or a servant."

"Grandfather, no, I..." Daisy stammered. "Lisa did this."

Old Master Jeon looked at Jungkook. "What's up with your wife? Why is she preying on my granddaughter?"

Daisy was overjoyed. It seemed like her grandfather was taking her side. Her eyes lit up. "Lisa wanted to harm my best friend, Nancy. I stood up for her, so this happened."

"Is that so? Ms. Jeon, why don't we ask everyone who just heard the recording if they think so, or should I play the recording for your grandfather?" Lisa said with a cold smile.

Daisy shivered and lowered her head.

Hyeri spoke up. "Jungkook, whoever the culprit is, I won't hold it against you anymore. Please calm your wife down too. Today is the Old Master's birthday banquet. We can't disrespect him by squabbling on such a day, right?"

Jungkook's gaze was cold and sharp as he looked at Hyeri. "I don't understand what you're saying, Aunt. Why are you letting her off so easily now? Did she not just try to ruin your daughter's life? Shouldn't you investigate this matter thoroughly?"

__________