Chapter 64: Physical examination

*********

The other two and a half days of recording went by quickly. Lisa didn't go home. Instead, she went back to the brushweiler family.

For the past two days, Jungkook had gone out of town to attend some conference, so there was no one at home. Lisa decided to head home and take her father for a check-up.

As soon as she got home, she was greeted by a sharp glare from Tzuyu, who was sitting on the sofa.

"What's wrong?"

!!

Tzuyu snorted coldly. "Lisa, you're a real piece of work. You ratted out my mother's trusted aides in the company, right? How else could all my cousins be fired within a month?"

Lisa sneered when she heard Tzuyu's words. "They got caught. How else?"

Yoona, who was sitting nearby, looked at Lisa with an unfriendly gaze. "Just mind your own business. You're already married, so don't interfere with the family matters."

Lisa had been working hard on her training and rehearsals. Where would she find the time to meddle?

Lisa had a strange premonition in her heart. Could this also be Jungkook's doing?

"Go cling to your dear husband and leave us alone!" Tzuyu looked at Lisa and frowned. "You traitor!"

"You know very well just how much Chanyeol and his two brothers have embezzled." Lisa shot the two of them a cold glare.

In the original book, Lisa's family's company fell into hot soup because of these two sanctimonious cousins. No one ever found out how much money those two had embezzled.

Just as the three of them were quarreling, there was a knock on the door.

Marco pushed the door open. Silence immediately fell.

"I heard the racket from outside. What's wrong?" Marco's eyes darted between his two daughters and his wife.

"Were you chased back by Jungkook?" Marco asked Lisa.

Previously, when Lisa was married, she had been trying to hide the truth from them. Every day, she thought about how to be with Mingyu. Every day, she courted death and even ran back to her mother to stir up trouble.

When he saw Lisa like this, Marco thought that it was the same old routine.

"No, I'm here to pick you up for a physical examination. Didn't I make an appointment for you before?" Lisa came over and said to Marco.

Marco was a little surprised. Since when was Lisa this sensible?

"What physical examination? My dear sister is just here to strut her peacock feathers in our face. She said that Chanyeol deserved to be kicked out of the company! Tzuyu said loudly.

"Dear, Chanyeol really slipped up this time, but he's still our relative. Why don't you give him a chance?"

Yoona also chimed in.

Marco looked at the mother and daughter pair. A rare moment of frustration welled up in his heart.

It was not the first or second day that Chanyeol and the others had received kickbacks from several projects. When he was dealing with it, he found a funding gap of hundreds of thousands. These two were currently dealing with this matter.

When he heard their complaints, Marco was a little annoyed. "Alright, alright, I'll take care of the company's matters. Don't interfere."

"Okay, Dad, let's go to the hospital now," Lisa said.

Marco also wanted to have a good chat with his daughter, so he agreed and followed Lisa to the hospital.

As soon as they arrived at the hospital, Lisa took her father to the cardiology department.

In the original book, Lisa's father had died of a heart attack.

She was already noticing some early symptoms of heart disease.

When they arrived at the cardiology department, Marco was arranged to take an X-ray. While they were waiting in line, Lisa chatted with her father.

"Dad, you have had dark circles under your eyes these days. Did you stay up again?"

Marco sighed. "Your aunt's two nephews are true idiots. Their projects are on the rocks. They're not even trying to help themselves."

Lisa looked at Marco's fatigued face and sighed. "Dad, if it's convenient for you, you can let me or Jungkook handle some matters. Don't burn yourself out."

"If only your brother was still here. He would definitely be able to help me with something."

Marco sighed, his eyes filled with sorrow.

Taehyung had always been the biggest regret of the father and daughter pair.

"Perhaps I'm really getting old. I've been having a sore throat recently. Medicine doesn't seem to do much." Marco saw Lisa's expression darken and quickly changed the topic.

Sore throat?

It was an atypical symptom of heart disease.

Lisa's heart felt a pang.

________