Chapter 59: A fever

*******

Lisa watched them for a while. When it became clear that they did not plan to leave anytime soon, she moved to another dance studio to practice for a while.

Lisa went home after she finished her training for the day.

The original Lisa's body was far more fragile than she had imagined.

The simple training today had already exhausted her. Her waist was still aching.

!!

As soon as she got home, she called for her servant, Alice. She needed help applying the medicine.

Madam Alice was a patient old lady. Her daughter was about the same age as Lisa.

When she was applying the ointment on Lisa's waist, the door of the house opened.

As soon as Jungkook entered the door, he saw Lisa lying on the sofa. Her slender waist was exposed.

His eyes darkened, and he felt his throat tightening. Heat rose up in his body.

"Hi!" Lisa saw Jungkook and raised her head to greet him.

Jungkook didn't respond. Instead, he walked to Lisa's side. He took the ointment from nanny Alice's hand and applied it on Lisa's waist.

The cold ointment and the man's warm fingers gently stroked Lisa's waist.

Lisa reflexively squirmed.

"Don't move." The man's low voice rang in her ear.

"Why would you suddenly have back pain?" Jungkook asked.

"I went to exercise. Maybe I overdid it. It's made me really sleepy. But it's okay," Lisa said with a smile.

"That's all?" Jungkook asked.

Lisa nodded and only reacted after a long while, understanding what Jungkook was getting at.

"Well, it's not that just. Next time, be a little gentler," Lisa said softly.

Jungkook felt an odd sensation of pride swelling in his chest. The movement of his hands on her waist became slower and gentler.

After applying the ointment, Jungkook massaged Lisa for a while.

"Why the sudden intensity in training?"

"I'll be joining the idol games and contest soon. I can't constantly be huffing and puffing on camera now, can I?"

Jungkook looked at Lisa with some suspicion.

In the past, Lisa had been so focused on Mingyu that she barely even took care of herself, let alone train herself intensely. She was only obsessed about how to get close to Mingyu and make things difficult for Nancy.

Ever since she jumped off the building, Lisa seemed to have changed completely. She was actually working hard on her career.

"What's wrong? Is it that odd? I was planning to surprise everyone at the idol games." Lisa raised her face with pride.

"I never knew that you were so career-minded." Jungkook looked at her with a probing gaze.

Lisa noticed his probing gaze and knew that Jungkook must have misunderstood matters again.

Jungkook might have thought that she was doing this to attract Mingyu's attention.

"Ah, you don't have to worry. I've really thought it through this time. I want to do well in my acting career. I've wasted too much in the past. Now that I think about it, I'm a little sorry to my fans."

As Lisa spoke, she hugged Jungkook. "You work hard on your career at the company every day, so I should do the same too, right?"

Jungkook touched her hair, feeling very comfortable with the sensation of this little woman in his arms.

"If you want, I can start up an entertainment company. I'll give you any role you can dream of."

"There's no need, there's no need." Lisa raised her little face and looked into Jungkook's eyes. "There's no need to go through so much trouble. I'm very capable. I'll do this with my own strength."

Jungkook nodded. He seemed convinced for the time being.

He had received the results of Mingyu's investigation today. Mingyu had not been present yesterday and did not seem to be interested in the celebration.

It truly seemed like Lisa had not been looking for Mingyu.

He heaved a sigh of relief.

Half a month passed by quickly, and the idol games were held as scheduled.

Lisa's event was around the corner.

During the opening ceremony, Nancy was the one to take the oath as the representative of the idol games.

She was dressed in purple sportswear and stood on the podium. Everyone's eyes were on her.

Mingyu was the representative for the boys.

They were both attractive people. They practically lit the stage up.

The audience and the bullet comments were going crazy.

[Nancy is so pretty. She looks so good even in sportswear.]

[That's right. Mingyu is such a stunner. The two of them really look like they have been made for each other.]

[ Mingyu is running an entire company on his own. He still found time to participate in such a show. He's quite something.]

__________