Chapter 38: Know thyself

********

A trace of humiliation flashed across Mingyu's face. He pursed his lips and repeated his words.

Nancy's dream was to have a place in the entertainment industry, so her records had to remain clean. For Nancy's sake, Mingyu would rather put himself in a difficult position and accede to Lisa, agreeing to her conditions.

Lisa stood where she was. She felt such intense secondhand embarrassment on his behalf that her toes curled up. "Mingyu, are you selling yourself for Nancy?"

Mingyu didn't like the word "sell" that she used. "Isn't this what you've always wanted? As long as you sign this confidentiality agreement, I can promise to meet you once a week."

"Thank you, but there's no need."

"What do you mean by that?" Mingyu was very angry. He had already lowered his status to this extent. What was Lisa not satisfied with?

He stood up, forced Lisa to the corner, and gave her a warning. "It's better not to be too greedy."

Lisa was so angry that she cackled. "Mr. Lin, didn't you learn the famous words of Socrates when you were in school? Know thyself."

She poked Mingyu's chest with her finger and pushed him away. "Who gave you the confidence to rate yourself so highly? Aren't you afraid of being struck by lightning?"

Mingyu was as confused as he was furious. "Are you sure you're not joking?"

Lisa raised her eyebrows. "Why? Do you really think that you are the treasure of the universe and that everyone is fighting over you?"

When she saw Mingyu standing there in a daze with a look of disbelief, Lisa was too lazy to argue with him. "Whatever, I will not sign any confidentiality agreement."

She dusted her hands. "Don't worry. I'm not interested in either you or Nancy. I won't dirty my hands for you."

She would look for an opportunity to trample on these people, but she would not use such a method.

Lisa said it so casually, as if what happened between him and Nancy was really not worth mentioning in her heart.

Mingyu did not know why, but he suddenly panicked and subconsciously grabbed Lisa's hand. "You're not allowed to leave."

Lisa thought he was going to pester her again, so she gave him a backhanded slap. The sound of the slap reverberated throughout the entire office. Mingyu had never thought that Lisa would hit him. He instantly let go of Lisa's hand and froze in place.

"I've said it before. There's no clause in the contract that says I'll accept your touchy-feelers." Lisa turned her red wrist. "Besides, I'm already married. What are you trying to pull? What if my husband finds out? What if he misunderstands?"

Lisa threw the almost-finished milk tea into the trash can. Under the secretary's horrified gaze, she pressed the elevator button. Mingyu's roar and the sound of things smashing came from behind her, but she didn't even turn her head.

As soon as the elevator door closed, Lisa immediately opened her palm and saw that it was red. She blew on it with heartache and thought to herself, "It felt good just now, but his face is probably made of rock. Too many fillers?"

However, as red as her hand was, Mingyu's face should have fared worse. After all, she had used all her strength in the slap just now.

Thinking of something, Lisa immediately took out her phone, took a photo of her reddened palm, and sent it to Jungkook with the caption: "Hubby, it hurts. Hurry up and blow on it for me."

As soon as the message was sent, the phone rang again. The caller ID showed that it was Marco brushweiler, the father of the original Lisa. They were not on good terms.

It seemed that today was indeed an eventful day. Things came one after another. Lisa sighed with a tired heart and then picked up the phone.

"I heard from your Aunt Hong that you jumped off a building a few days ago just to force Jungkook to divorce you? " marco's furious voice came out from the phone.

"Nope." Lisa denied.

"If not, then why did the Jeon family cancel the project that our two families are working on? Is it because you've angered him?"

"Nope again."

Marco didn't believe her. "If you really didn't, then you should bring Jungkook back tonight."

"Jungkook went on a business trip."

"How can there be such a coincidence? I don't care." Marco gave her an ultimatum. "You have to bring Jungkook home tonight, or you won't be able to come back ever again!"

_______