Chapter 43: Public display

*******

Tzuyu spoke slowly. "Such a lovely couple. I'm so envious of your love. But I'm a little curious. It doesn't add up. In spite of such deep love, why did is the partnership still being called off?"

Before Jungkook could say anything, Marco put his chopsticks down with an audible click.

"It's a family dinner today. There will be no talking about business at the table." When he saw his daughter and son-in-law getting along so well, Marco felt a huge weight being lifted off his chest.

Business was a distant concern. Jungkook and Lisa seemed to have mended fences, he would have plenty of time to talk to Jungkook later.

"Dad, didn't we ask brother-in-law to come over to inquire about the project? Why isn't he saying anything? I'm happy to see them being such a lovely couple, but the world still moves on around them. They can't ignore family matters."

Lisa could tell that Tzuyu was trying to sow discord.

Lisa looked at Marco. His heart problems were getting to him. His lips were a little dark, and he was panting heavily.

"Father, I don't think a company as big as the Jeon Corporation would cancel a cooperation for no reason. As far as I know, this partnership concerns electronic chips. The market for electronic chips is shrinking year by year, and this path may not hold much promise in the future."

Lisa still remembered some contents of the book. Jungkook had indeed rejected the proposal, but in turn, he counter-offered Marco a better and more promising project.

"You're just a B list star. What would you know? Chanyeol told me that although electronic chips won't have much prospects, they're still good for making a quick buck," Marco said anxiously.

Chanyeol was Marco's cousin and the child of Yoona's younger sister. He was now working in the brushweiler family's company and was fully in charge of the collaborative project.

"I'm sorry to hear that Chanyeol's own project didn't get approved. But what does it have to do with our family's partnership with the Jeon family?" Lisa asked with a smile.

She didn't expect Marco to give himself away so quickly.

In the original book, the brushweiler family's company went to the rocks, and Chanyeol and Yoona's contributions in that matter could no longer be hidden.

Marco frowned. "We have always been stringent with Q.C."

He had not expected his daughter, who had never been interested in business, to know so much.

Lisa looked at Marco's white hair and felt a little sad. This man had always been looking out for his son and daughter, and had never thought for himself.

"Oh, dad, we're not in a hurry to start a new project. Our family's projects have been stable recently. You should find time to rest and get a physical examination. I've made an appointment for you for next Monday's physical examination. Remember to go." Lisa smiled as she took out a physical examination card and handed it to Marco.

For a moment, Marco's eyes betrayed the warmth within.

Jungkook looked at the petite woman in front of him. She had truly changed a lot. She used to disobey her father, but today she was so considerate of Marco.

"Dad, I'll consider the project, but there's indeed a problem with the project that Chanyeol handed over. If he's managing it in the future, I'm not going to give it much thought," Jungkook said coldly.

This sentence was equivalent to a death sentence for Chanyeol. This was his only foothold in the company.

Yoona looked at Lisa, and a trace of ruthlessness flashed in her eyes. Lisa was now starting to break down her hold in the company. She had not seen this coming. Did the doctor give Lisa a new brain after she jumped off the building?

Marco and Lisa enjoyed the meal thoroughly.

After the meal, Lisa and Jungkook got ready to leave.

Tzuyu had not taken Lisa's warning to heart. Instead, she smiled at Jungkook and said, "Brother-in-law, why don't you stay for the night? Sister's room is a little small, but we do have a guest room."

Lisa looked at Tzuyu discontentedly. This woman would not leave her husband alone, and she had harmed the original Lisa many times over.

"I'm sorry, your brother-in-law won't be able to sleep without me." Lisa looked at Tzuyu and laughed.

"Lisa, how can you be so shameless?" Tzuyu frowned and looked at Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded. "We won't disturb you tonight. I most certainly can't sleep at night without Lisa."

Tzuyu was so angry that she dropped all pretenses and threw an ugly scowl across the room. Lisa was here to make things difficult for her. She clearly said that she would definitely divorce Jungkook, but now she has gone back on her words and even brought Jungkook here to show off. Wasn't she clearly provoking her?

"Alright, since you're going back, do be careful." Marco interrupted their conversation and let Lisa and Jungkook go home.

_______