Chapter 108: Giving up the role

************

On the day of the audition, Lisa arrived at site on time.

This drama could almost be called a female idol drama. There were more than a dozen female characters, and the entire hall was filled with girls in all kinds of beautiful clothes.

Lisa also saw Nancy among them.

Nancy seemed to have recovered quite well. She wore a white ballet dress, and she was practicing some basic ballet.

She was probably auditioning for the role of the female lead, a girl who liked ballet.

Lisa was suddenly pulled into the room behind her.

"What the?" Lisa shook off the man and spun around. She saw a familiar face.

It was Mingyu.

Mingyu's face had not fully recovered from the blow she delivered the other day. It was no wonder that he had not been active recently, saying that he was sick and recuperating at home.

This was probably why he was not the male lead in this movie.

"Lisa, what have you done to our family?" Mingyu growled and looked at Lisa. He grabbed Lisa's wrist and Lisa grimaced in pain.

"What could I possibly do to your family?" Lisa was a little impatient, not understanding what Mingyu was up to.

"I know what my sister did that day was wrong, but you can't send my brother-in-law to that kind of place, right? Also, why would you expose the relationship between my brother-in-law and that small-time star?" Mingyu said. "Our family's stock price has taken a major dip. Aren't you trying to kill our family?"

Lisa smiled coldly.

"Isn't Suzy single? What brother-in-law are you talking about? Also, that small-time star always already involved with Wu Wei. What does it have to do with you?" Lisa suddenly put on an expression of sudden realization. "Wait. Wu Wei helps you run D'Corporeal. It all makes sense now. Is he your actual brother-in-law?"

"Uh..." Mingyu Su was rendered speechless by Lisa's rebuttal.

These things were indeed the secrets of the Park family, and Lisa should not have known them.

"I know what you want to say, Mingyu. But I can't easily let slide what your family has done to me. Do you understand?" Lisa said.

"I know my sister crossed the line, and I would like to apologize to you, but can you call Jungkook off first?" Mingyu looked at Lisa with pleading eyes.

"Please, we've been friends for so many years," Mingyu said.

Lisa almost felt like laughing.

They had acted like sub-humans, yet they were still begging for forgiveness. She could not imagine how shameless they could be.

"I really didn't know anything about it. My sister knows that she's in the wrong. Our family can give you whatever compensation you want, or I can apologize to you. If you want me to be with you, that's fine too." Mingyu sounded anxious.

This was getting complicated.

The Park Family was already on the verge of collapse. After so many years of poor management, in addition to the fact that their original source of income had been cut off, their family was fated for doom.

"Please, I beg you. We can't do this anymore."

Mingyu looked at Lisa and fell on his knees with a thud. "Can you let my family go, on account of how much you liked me before?"

Lisa was shocked. Since when could this man put himself beneath others?

"Look. I have not sent your entire family to prison. Did you notice that? I don't know what else you want me to do, but Jungkook's actions against you aren't unfounded. It's not like you'd expect him to forget about the assassination attempt on him," Lisa said.

Mingyu felt his blood run cold. Didn't Lisa's words mean that Jungkook was going to completely destroy their family?

The Park Family's many years of business was going to be destroyed, just like that?

Mingyu was unwilling to accept this.

"Suzy has treated you well for so many years. Can you at least let the Park Family live on for Suzy's sake?" Mingyu pleaded.

"Why didn't you think of this when you tried to rape me into marriage and use me as a lab rat? Don't expect any forgiveness from me. Go and ask God for it." Lisa turned around and was about to leave when she was pulled back by Mingyu.

Mingyu's hand clamped down on her, and a sharp knife was pointed at her neck.

"Lisa, you really left me with no choice. Jungkook cares so much about you. You can be a hostage for our safety."

Mingyu's voice was like a ghost's. He had already lost his mind.

Lisa felt nothing but disappointment.

Human and drug trafficking, attempted rape, and now, forced coercion at knifepoint. She had to hold back her laughter.

___________