Chapter 36: Come to see me

********

Lisa was a little shocked. It turned out that the two of them shared such a history.

She stood up in a flash. "I don't know if you're telling the truth or not, but for the sake of our past relationship, I'll let this matter go." After she finished speaking, she covered her face and ran away, crying.

The female police officer, Krystal, saw Lisa out of the police station. When she saw her sad face, she tactfully advised her, "You can't judge a book by its cover. Sometimes, you can't even tell if the person you're sleeping with is a human or a wolf, let alone a friend."

Lisa thanked her. "Actually, I know that Eunha has really gone overboard this time. However, her feelings for me are genuine too. So, I can't really send her to jail."

Upon seeing her innocent look, Krystal sighed in her heart. When she returned to the police station, she sighed to Officer Hou. "Only rich families would raise innocent princesses like Lisa."

Officer Hou's lips curled up. In his mind, Krystal was the innocent one.

As a senior police officer who had been fighting on the front line for more than 20 years, Officer Hou had developed a pair of sharp eyes. Although Lisa and Eunha were pouring out their hearts to each other, even the best actors in the world would not escape his eyes.

Lisa drove out of the parking lot. When she passed by the entrance of the police station, she glanced inside and smiled sardonically. This was just an appetizer.

Lisa knew that Eunha did come from a considerably powerful family. Even if she insisted on filing the lawsuit, Eunha would be sentenced to three years in prison at most. If the Tian family spent more money, the sentence would be even shorter. If the Tian family were to create grounds for her to require medical care, Eunha might not even need to go to prison.

When she recalled what Eunha had done to the original Lisa in the book, Lisa sneered. This punishment was too light.

In the original novel, the male protagonist Mingyu, the female protagonist Nancy, the original Lisa's step-mother and step-sister, her best friend Eunha, and some other female cannon fodder were all accomplices that led to the original Lisa's death. None of them were innocent, so she would not let Eunha off so easily.

Coincidentally, Lisa had just thought of the male lead, Mingyu, when his phone call came.

Lisa glanced at it and lazily picked up the phone. "Mr. Lin, what's the matter? "

After Mingyu got through, he did not waste any time. He said directly, "I'm in my office on the top floor. Come over now."

When she heard his commanding tone, Lisa didn't say a word and hung up the phone.

Who did he think he was, to actually dare to speak to her like this?

Mingyu had thought that as long as he asked, Lisa would run over to him as she used to. However, he didn't expect Lisa to hang up on him as soon as he uttered one sentence.

He called back angrily. "Lisa, what are you doing? How dare you hang up on me?"

Lisa smirked. "Oh, Mr. Lin. So you do know who you're talking to. You didn't even say anything and just barked out orders. I thought you called the wrong number and mistook me as one of your assistants."

Mingyu choked and said faintly, "You're an artiste under our company. Aren't you my subordinate?"

This time, it was Lisa's turn to curse. It was all the original Lisa's fault. In order to get closer to Mingyu, she had actually signed a contract with his company. This had put her in a difficult position. She was displeased about it.

She snorted coldly and spoke like TikTok's text-to-speech. "Then, dear Boss Lin, what be thy bidding?"

Mingyu was upset. The sarcasm stabbed him deep in the heart. "Come to my office right now."

Lisa exclaimed, "Boss Lin, you're suddenly calling your employee up. Are you trying to cut a deal, one under the desk perhaps? I don't remember the contract we signed to have included this."

"The hell are you saying?" Mingyu gritted his teeth. "When did you become so eloquent? Since you're so good at talking, why don't I throw you into some talk show so that you can display your talents?"

Lisa was overjoyed. "Thank you, boss, for giving me this job opportunity. Let's get rich together!"

_________