Chapter 42: Dinner

********

Lisa's movements were very gentle. Her eyelashes were lowered, and she was focused on the red scars on the man's body.

The cotton stick covered the wound with a cool burn ointment. The burn ointment was applied to the place where the skin was scalded. Jungkook felt the pain and hissed.

"What's wrong? Did I hurt you?" she asked. Lisa raised her eyes and looked at him in panic.

The woman's watery eyes pleased Jungkook.

His expression softened. "It's alright. Continue applying the medicine."

Lisa nodded and continued to help the man deal with the burns on his body. The man's eyes seemed to be on her body and never once left.

After she finished applying the medicine, Jungkook put on his clothes. His eyes were still fixed on Lisa.

"I'm sorry, " Lisa said. "My stepsister has always been like this."

"I heard your conversation outside the room." Jungkook interrupted her and pulled her into his arms.

She sat on the man's firm thighs and blushed for a moment.

The man's breath encroached upon her ear.

"You told your sister that I'm your husband. What do you mean by that?"

No matter how good of an actress she was, Lisa couldn't keep her cool in such an intimate scene. Her body felt as if it had been electrified from head to toe.

"I'm just saying that I don't want to get a divorce with you. Why don't we just continue living like this?"

"Live on? As what exactly?" Jungkook's voice was very soft, as if he was whispering into her ear.

"As an ordinary couple..." Lisa said.

"Do you know what your duty as a wife is?" the man asked.

Lisa's face turned red. She only knew that if she wanted to survive, she had to hold on to this man's thighs with every fiber of her body and prevent a divorce from ever occurring, but she hadn't thought about whether she wanted to be an actual wife to Jungkook.

She had not expected Jungkook to be so direct.

"No, I..." Lisa was about to say something, but Jungkook's lips had already landed on her neck. He sucked gently.

He nibbled her skin teasingly.

Lisa felt as if her body had caught fire. 'No, there was no need to be so fast!'

"Sis, have you treated the wound? Dad is calling you downstairs for dinner." Tzuyu voice came from the door.

Lisa stood up reflexively and was about to open the door when she saw Jungkook.

"Best neaten up before you open the door." The man's voice came from behind.

Lisa turned around and looked at Jungkook in confusion. Jungkook pointed at her collar.

Lisa walked into the bathroom and spotted a hickey.

This wretched man!

When the two came out of the room, Tzuyu stared at Lisa. When she saw that Lisa had changed into a dress with a slightly higher neckline, her eyes were burned with flames.

'What was wrong with Lisa? Wasn't she avoiding Jungkook like the plague? How did it come to this?'

Lisa's stepmother, Yoona, was also confused.

When Jungkook and Lisa came out of the bedroom, they were holding hands, just like an actual couple.

Had Lisa truly changed after jumping off the building that time?

Marco was about to say something, but after seeing how close the two were, he softened his tone, "Let's eat. We'll talk after we're done."

Jungkook sat down next to Lisa.

The dishes on the table were all Lisa's favorites. It was obvious that Marco had arranged this in advance.

This frigid man's appearance belied his warm heart. He truly loved his daughter. At one point, he got in the way of Lisa's pursuit of Mingyu and instead got her together with Jungkook. He had only done so out of the wishes of a loving father.

During the meal, Yoona and Tzuyu chatted with Jungkook warmly and even put some food on his plate.

"Brother-in-law, I made these prawns. They're delicious. I peeled one for you to try." Tzuyu put the peeled shrimp meat on Jungkook's plate.

Jungkook only shot Tzuyu a cold glance.

"Brother-in-law, please forgive me for my carelessness. I didn't mean it."

"That's right," Yoona chimed in. "If it weren't for Lisa, you wouldn't have been injured."

Lisa found her words utterly ridiculous. It was as if she had poured the boiling water on Jungkook herself.

Just as she was about to say something, a half-filled bowl of shrimp meat with mustard and soy sauce was placed in front of her.

Those were her favorite seasonings.

"Please, eat." Jungkook's expression softened, and his eyes were filled with warmth as he looked at her.

Tzuyu clenched her fists tightly when she saw this scene. 'What right did Lisa have?'

[ I can't with this delusional character ]

__________