Chapter 94: Awakening

***********

Lisa only remembered this when Suzy reminded her of it. In the original book, the host's mother had left a box for her.

Apparently, the box contained what Suzy's family had been dreaming of.

"I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now." Dr. Cheng put away the prescription. "Mr. Eunwoo, let Madam go and see Jungkook ."

Eunwoo's eyes flickered, "The formula..."

Dr. Cheng was well aware of the value of this prescription. If this prescription were to be put into production, it could bring in billions of dollars of wealth.

But Lisa had unhesitatingly handed her the prescription, which showed that Lisa's feelings for Jungkook were sincere. He might have to continue digging deeper for the mole.

"Alright," he said. Eunwoo nodded and brought Lisa to a room upstairs.

The room was filled with the strong stench of medication. Jungkook's face was a little pale, and he was lying on the bed in a deep sleep.

"Why does Jungkook look so haggard?" Lisa could not understand it.

"The assassin didn't use a gun. President Jeon was struck by a poisoned dart. The poison was very potent, but fortunately, Dr. Cheng got him through the worst. However, in his bid to rescue you, President Jeon did not wait for his body to recover..." Eunwoo said.

Lisa's heart clenched up.

This man had disregarded his own life to save her.

Lisa was frustrated.

She reached out to hold Jungkook's hand. She hoped that Jungkook would wake up soon. She was willing to stay by his side.

Eunwoo walked out of the room.

The doctor was already waiting outside.

"Maybe we can trust Lisa," she said.

"Why?" Eunwoo frowned.

"I've asked around, and the formula and its contents are all true. In fact, we can already use part of it to help Jungkook wake up soon," she said.

"I need you to find us the mole, Mr. Xiao."

Xiao Eunwoo nodded.

As she watched Lisa holding Jungkook's hand and sitting by his bed through the crack of the door, the doctor grimaced to herself.

Jungkook was an illegitimate child, and his mother had lost her life in a struggle with the rich. Jungkook had grown up under her protection, and when he returned to the Jeon family, he founded the company without the Jeon Family's support.

Each step along the way had been rife with danger.

The higher Jungkook climbed, the lonelier he became.

All these years, other than a few of his old subordinates and herself, his aunt, this girl seemed to heavily affect him.

Jungkook clearly loved her very much. She had never seen Jungkook lose his composure to this extent for someone before.

This girl was more complicated than she seemed.

She hoped that she would stay by Jungkook's side obediently.

Lisa waited for Jungkook the entire night.

Jungkook still hadn't woken up. She shook Jungkook's hand and spoke softly.

"You're so stupid. How could you save me without caring about your own health? Am I that important to you?"

Jungkook didn't react.

"You have to wake up soon, or your company will be in my hands. When that happens, I'll sell your company, open a club, and take all the handsome boys in the entertainment industry in."

Jungkook still didn't respond.

"You can't leave me alone. Didn't you ask me to promise you not to leave you? Are you going to leave me now? I won't allow it. You have to stay with me, don't you know that?"

Lisa put her face on Jungkook's hand.

She suddenly felt Jungkook's hand move.

She looked up and saw Jungkook slowly opening his eyes and looking at her.

He still looked a little weak.

"You're awake. I'll call the doctor now. Wait for me." Lisa stood up and was about to leave, but Jungkook unexpectedly grabbed her hand.

"You can't leave me." Jungkook's voice was soft, but it was firm.

"Alright, I won't leave you." Tears fell. "Why are you so stupid? How could you save me when you're so seriously injured? I was so worried."

Lisa grabbed his hand and put her face on Jungkook's hand.

"I'll take care of myself," Jungkook said.

"I'll go get the doctor now. You stay here and be good, okay?" Lisa said.

Jungkook nodded obediently. He didn't look like a decisive and ruthless magnate. He looked like a little puppy.

______