CHAPTER 77: NEVER ALONE

"I'm sorry."

Luhan remembered sobbing these words to Jana last night. As the images from their ruthless past clung to him in sleep to the current days of how they ruined her survival, he apologized in her embrace.

He knew it would never be enough.

Pangalawang araw na mula matagpuan nilang duguan at sugatan si Jana sa gitna ng daan. Parehong araw nang mahiwalay si Jongin na siyang nahanap naman ang kanilang Chinese leader. Until now these four were yet to escape the cruel concrete jungle.

Sa loob ng isang maliit na drug store nagpalipas ng gabi sila Jana at Luhan. The same night when Luhan traumatically escaped from the underground cannibal place.

Everything was too much for the deer-faced guy after spending most of his survival indoors. Still, nothing was worse than the nightmare of their past, punishing him almost in every blink.

Once Luhan lifted his eyes open that morning, he found her sleeping soundly next to him. She was still there. Jana stayed still next to him. Just like how she didn't leave the twelve of them. Despite all her doubts, survival rules and reasons to abandon them.

It was rare for them to be this close and it made Luhan odd for not feeling funny or wrong while he stared at her slumber. For not glaring at his mortal enemy like he normally did. For not complaining despite his numb arm beneath her.

This had been the warmest he'd felt since the world ended and how he wished they could stay like this for a little bit longer.

Until his gaze found Jana's wounds. It woke his insides to the ugly truth they were living in. Even if she kept silent about it, he knew very well the only people who could do such a cruel thing to her. Guilt struck him with the reality of Jana suffering because of them and she didn't deserve any of it.

***

"Aray..." nagising si Jana sa biglang paghapdi ng sugat niya. Bumungad sa umaga niya si Luhan na inaasikaso ang sugat niya sa binti.

"Sorry but I have to apply this." Luhan explained with a bit of whine in his voice as he went on applying ointment to her wound. It made her hiss at the pain and Luhan's unpredictable attitude, making her question if panaginip lang ba yung nangyari kagabi.

"Parang kagabi lang, iyak nang iyak to ah" sa isip isip ni Jana habang nasandal sa pader para umupo. Pagkatapos lagyan ng ointment, ingat na ingat nyang binalutan ng bandage ang sugat.

They were lucky to end up in this pharmacy stored with enough supplies for her injuries. Bukod kay Yixing, si Luhan ang sunod na pinaka-knowledgeable sa first aid kit sa kanila, since madalas lang siya sa bahay sa tuwing lumalabas ang ibang members to get supplies or hunt zombies.

"You've lost so much blood." Luhan turned to her. "We really need to get back. What's your blood type?"

Jana cleared her throat after feeling weird at the urgency in Luhan's tone. "Uhm, B?"