CHAPTER 72: EAST

{warning: this chapter is very very nose bleeding and stressful, as always. welcome back to zombieland!!!}

Amidst the scorching heat and a long ghost high way of uncertainties, two men stood unpleased and drenched in sweat in front the hood of the only vehicle with them. Minseok and Felix had team up together, doing what they could do to revive the RV. An hour later, it stayed as useless as it was.

"How is it going?" Junmyeon emerged with a tone he made as lively he wanted it to be yet behind the crooked face was his weary self, anticipating good news or at least anything good. Few hours of being stuck in the middle of nowhere, in between an intimidating forest and wide vast of field, with strange survivors and incomplete members felt like a long lonely century to him. It was sickening.

Minseok shrugged as a respond followed by a scratch on his hair drenched in sweat. Nearly hopeless. Meanwhile the guy with him, Felix, continued rummaging whatever mechanical stuff inside its hood.

Bumalik na lang sa loob si Junmyeon para kuhanan ng maiinom ang dalawa lalo na't hindi biro yung init sa labas. Parang hindi Disyembre. Parang hindi pasko. Ngunit pagpasok niya'y napatigil siya sa nadatnan. Nakapaligid ang mag anak sa mesa't pinagsasaluhan ang kakapirangot na stocks nila ng walang paalam. Wala ng nagawa sina Tao at Yixing sa likod kundi manahimik. Baekhyun only had the apparent dislike across his face, dragging their leader to somewhere they can talk in private.

"Hyung, what the heck are we still doing here?" Baekhyun started in Korean, half whispering his annoyance as he gave Junmyeon a ridiculous glare.

"You heard them. We can't leave until the RV gets fixed."

"Yeah. I heard it. Loud and clear." Baekhyun made a face at his dumb reply. "Don't tell me you're actually considering it?"

"You can't be, hyung." Yixing joined in, pleading with his soft tone. "I found it with Noona, few months ago near an old warehouse. We can't let them take this RV."

"What do you want us to do then?" the leader asked in frustration, trying not to be loud.

"Talk to them again." Tao blurted.

"Or better, take them out." Baekhyun's startling words made them turn to him in nervous confusion. He already made his own plan of taking back what's theirs. "We can get this over quick."

"What the hell you mean?"

"Hyung, I got my knife back."

"Baekhyun, are you out of your mind?" Junmyeon felt disgusted. He couldn't believe he's actually talking to Baekhyun. "There are kids, Baekhyun."

"We're only going to hostage them like what they did to us." Baekhyun explained with a silly smirk. The art of being ruthless was in his eyes. Just like what he had learned in this survival. "Besides, we don't know them and they almost killed us."