CHAPTER 38: BEST FRIEND

"Noona? Are you heading out?"

She turned to the sound of his sleepy deep voice, finding him squinting his eyes and ruffling his hair. It was still dark outside and she was all geared up.

Slipping her rifle over her shoulder, she shot him a grin. "Wanna join?"

- - -

"Ready?" they glanced at each other once on their bicycles.

"On my mark." she tossed her hoodie on and looked straight ahead.

"Get set." he grinned in both excitment and determination.

"GO!" they both yelled and pushed down their pedals at once. It was five in the morning and they were racing on each other along the dead roads in zombieland.

"Wooooh! This feels so nice!" he yelled, smiling ear to ear and feeling the cold morning breeze against his bare face. It reminded him the old days back when they spent time hanging around in Han River, playing and riding bicycles.

"Noona, how about we shout out whatever we want? I'll go first." he suggested.

"YA! ZOMBIES! BEWARE OF US! WE'RE GONNA FINISH ALL OF YOU! YOU'LL BE ALL GONE! THAT'S A PROMISE!" he yelled like a drunk old man.

"OO NGA! MGA GAGO KAYO! TNGINA NYO LAGOT KAYO SA AMIN!" she went laughing afterwards.

"I'm going to punish you later." he did an evil smirk on her.

"CHANYEOL IS SO AWESOME!" she added, making him giggle.

"YEOROBEUN! JANA NOONA NEOMU NEOMU JINJJA JINJJA JEONGMAL JEONGMAL YEPPEUDA!" he yelled out his heart, glancing at Jana's confused experience. She noticed how his ears turned red. (everyone! jana is really <lahat yan really> pretty!)

"Will punish you too later." she said and he only laughed. On that particular empty road, few blocks from home, Chanyeol and Jana rode their bikes and laughed at jokes and somehow in someway, it made them forgot about the end of the world.

- - -

Naka tatlong ikot na sila sa isang kalye pero pagkabalik nila sa kabilang dulo, may nahanap silang bwisita. They stopped for few seconds before it finally noticed them.

Hindi siya nakalapit sa dalawa dahil may harang ang bawat dulo ng kalye, isang mahabang kahoy na may matatalis na kahoy sa paligid nito kung saan nakatusok ngayon ang dibdib ng tatangang zombie. It moaned violently as he tried to reach Jana and Chanyeol.

For a week, ngayon lang ulit sila may natagpuan na zombie dito. Pagkalapit ni Jana sa kanya, agad niya tong' pinutulan ng mga braso gamit ang itak.

"Hoy ikaw!" Jana held its skull and saw guts between its teeth. The zombie didn't stop glaring and growling at them. "Siguraduhin mong mag isa ka lang ha!" binigyan siya ng malakas na batok ni Jana. They heard the crack sound of its neck. "Wala ka ng ibang sinama dito ha! Kundi cha-chop-choppin talaga kita!"