CHAPTER 69: BENEATH

[note: yaaay may update na! gulat kayo noh? nagulat rin ako e hahahaha. sa sobrang daming pangyayari, wala man lang nakapansin kung saan na gumora yung puppeh ni jongin hahaha any way, hope you'll enjoy this chapter!]

With a strong needing gasp, his eyes snapped wide open as his arms outstretched in frantic, feeling the cold surface of the ground. Breathing was hard for him and he could barely move his body as a suffocating weight above his back pressed him against Earth. Struggling, he found a bunch of deceased bodies all over him, lying lifeless and harmless around him.

The sun was nowhere in his sight and the night was silent and cold. Coughing, Jongdae started saving his own dear life and used his numb arms to crawl his self out of the hill of corpses. He felt how thin the air was inside him and he could hear moans from nearby bodies. He gasped again, hardly this time, blood trickling down his forehead.

His blurry gaze noticed an approach from his left and when a growl came from that stumbling creature, adrenaline instantly rushed inside Jongdae. He pressed his palms against the ground and pushed himself up with all his might and when he was on his knees and enough air was back filling his lungs, the zombie reached his spot just in time.

Jongdae grasped its neck, so strong that he could almost squeeze it then he pushed its face away from his. The zombie opened its mouth, making hideous sounds, hands reaching Jongdae's arms, eyes glaring hungrily at him. He couldn't get his knife from the side of his jeans and the zombie was lashing violently until Jongdae lose balance. His aching body fell on top of other dead bodies while one was above him, teeth almost an inch from the tip of his nose.

"You're really not going to stop, are you?" Jongdae hardly spoke, the latter only growled back like he wanted to tear the human into pieces so bad. But Jongdae would never let that happen, so he pushed the zombie off him and he was back on his feet before it could even go back attacking him.

"Let's end this, bitch." after a puff of breath, Jongdae grabbed its head and smashed it to another skull, again and again and again and again, until it was done.

Jongdae felt like his panting breaths would never stop and when he stood straight, he couldn't believe everything before his eyes. Right on his spot, he found himself at the middle of a street that had turned now into a graveyard. Hundreds of cold and rotting bodies were all around him and Jongdae had no idea where Yifan and Jem had gone now.

Naalala niya yung nangyaring insidente kanina lang, kung paano sila nagplanong tumakas, kung paano dumating ang mga taong bigla na lang nagpaulan ng bala, kung paano siya nahiwalay sa dalawang kasama, kung paano siya nawalan ng malay pagkatapos madaganan ng mga nagbabagsakang katawan ng zombies. Nakakapit pa rin ang hindi kanais nais na amoy sa damit at katawan niya hanggang ngayon. Gusto niyang masuka sa amoy ng paligid pero tuyung tuyo na ang lalamunan niya sa kabila ng matinding uhaw. Ni hindi rin siya makapaniwalang bumalik pa ang malay niya pagkatapos ma-suffocate ng sobra.

He threw his head back and let out a deep breath, shaking his head afterwards. He soon left the ghost street of walkers, half limping with his numb legs and heading to the park Jem told them about. But he didn't bother placing high hopes anymore when he reached the place. He didn't expect anymore to find the two in the place that easy.

The park had nothing but faint groans and thrilling breeze. Few bodies were walking aimlessly around the place. Despite of the lack of light and creepy time of the night, Jongdae still tried and thought a little hope wouldn't hurt. Still acting like an undead, Jongdae approached each walking dead he could find on the park. Half hoping he could find Jem and Yifan already, half hoping he wouldn't find them as one of the dead.