Prologue

Once upon a time...somewhere in Highgarden, there lived a happy and carefree little girl, in her eyes life was perfect, that's what she thought back then.

The most important person in her life was her mother, Lenora Tyrell. She knew her father didn't like her very much, but she didn't understand why. What did her brother have that she didn't?

Her brother, Alenor Tyrell, was five years older than her and the heir to Highgarden. Reina was happy for her brother, he could become Lord, his biggest dream.

As a child, Reina dreamed of traveling to the capital and seeing the famous dragons of the Targaryen house.

She knew that her father would never let her leave the house where she grew up, and that one day, she would be married against her will, to someone she didn't even know. She didn't want to end up like her mother, sad and treated like a slave by her husband.

She hoped to meet her soul mate and be married to him, someone she wanted, not someone her father wanted.

"Mother, mother! Aunt Ellen is leaving for King's Landing tomorrow, Can I go to see the dragons? I promise I'll be good!" Reina tells her mother, hoping that this time she will let her go to the capital.

"You know your father will never agree to this, Rei. But I promise you, you'll get to see the capital. You'll see the dragons. You'll become a princess..." her mother said, stroking her bright red hair.

"I don't want to be a princess! I want to be a warrior. To have a dragon!" she says laughing

"You know only members of house Targaryen have dragons…you're a Tyrell. Be a Tyrell." her mother told her.

Reina looked down, sad. She knew she wouldn't be able to see the center of Westeros this time either. Her mother's promise that she would become a princess scared her, she didn't want to live in the Red Keep. She didn't want to be married to a prince. She wanted to choose her chosen one alone.

What she didn't know, was that in a few years she would end up wanting to be married to a prince.