Chapter 18

Reina slammed the door of her personal bedchambers, angry at Aegon for referring to his whore as one of his old friends.

She knows deep down that he didn't lie when he told her that the last time he visited Lillian was before their marriage, but cannot help, but feel furious, jealous and insecure.

She saw her, she saw how pretty she is and how that gown looked on her. She knows that she can never compete to her, especially with how much weight she had gained since she got pregnant.

After Aegon checked their shared rooms and saw that Reina is nowhere to be found, he decided to look for her in her old ones. He knocks on the door gently, calling out her name.

She ignores his calls and undresses herself, finally being free from the heavy and tight dress she had to wear for the big event.

"Reina...please. I know you are there. Can you let me talk with you?" Aegon voice can be heard from the other side of the door.

She pulls her silk nightgown over her head and shivers from the cold. The fireplace have not been light up since her wedding night.

She sighs and goes over the door, wishing to see what her husband wants to say to her.

Aegon steps in the room and gasps, "Reina! Is freezing here, no, I would rather sleep on the floor than let you sleep here in this cold." he says, pulling a blanket and wrapping it around her shoulder.

"It is not that cold. The blankets will keep me warm anyway." she answers, not agreeing with his idea of sharing the room.

"I will hear no more from you. You will come with me now." he says and takes her hand, dragging her out into the hall.

"Let me go, Aegon." she tries to pull away, but to no avail.

"No, I will not." he laughs and drags her towards their chambers.

Reina tries to escape his grip, but he doesn't let her go. "Aegon-"

"I said no." he says and puts his arms behind her knees, lifting her up. He continues his walk, carrying her bridal style.

"Put me down. I weight a tone." she says, slapping his arm.

"You are light as a feather." he replies, smiling at her actions.

They reach their rooms and Aegon puts her down when they step into it. He smiles and kisses her cheek.

"I am still mad. More than I was before!" she says, trying to contain her laughter.

"I can see right through you, Reina. We are soulmates after all, at least Sunfyre believes that." he laughs.

"It is not funny. Not even a little bit. I swear, I will rip her face off if she ever looks again in your direction." she says, her voice filled with anger.

"Are you jealous?" his question takes her by surprise, making her shut up instantly.

"I am not..." she answers, lying.

"You are, Reina." he chuckles, kissing her soft lips. "I promise, she means nothing to me. She was just a girl I spent a night with. And I swear, I have not been with anyone after I married you."

"I know, but she...she is beautiful while I am fat and -" she begins to say, but Aegon puts a finger over her mouth to shut her up.

"You are far more beautiful than every woman who stepped into that room." he says, cupping her face.

"And she will never compete with you. Never." he kisses her softly.

Reina smiles at him and kisses him back, pulling him closer.