Chapter 28

"I cannot walk like you, Reina! Slow down!" Aegon yells as he struggles to keep up with his wife's fast steps. He holds a hand over his stomach. Even though the wound has been healing quickly the past week, he still feels pain, sometimes.

Reina turns around and smiles at him, the baby giggling in her arms. The sight makes Aegon's heart melt and forget about everything.

He grabs her hand, stopping her from walking away from him, again.

Reina had never been this happy in her whole life. It seems like every problem she had, faded away after Aegon woke up, after the attack. She feels strange, never believing that she could smile again after everything that happened within a month.

"His eyes are a deep shade of purple." Aegon observes as he studies the little bundle of joy from the woman's arms.

"He is beautiful. Like you." she smiles.

"You think I am beautiful?" he blushes, looking down at the ground.

"Are you blushing?" Reina laughs and squeezes his hand.

"No." he shakes his head rapidly.

"Yes, Aegon. I do think you are beautiful. " she confesses and kisses his bruised knuckles.

"You are far more beautiful than me. I do believe you are the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on." he replies, before pecking her lips.

"More than Lillian?" she teases him, looking into his eyes.

"Lillian? Oh Gods, Reina, that woman could never compete with you!" he exclaims, kissing her lips again.

They sit down on one of the furthest bench from the gardens, looking at the ships that move across the sea.

"Have you ever been on a ship?" he asks, taking his son's little hand in his.

"Plenty of times. When I came here, for example."

"I have not." he replies, "To be honest, I am afraid of the sea."

"Why?" she asks, looking over at his face.

"It is dark and scary."

"But is it beautiful." Reina turns around, looking at the seawater, wind blowing through her bright red hair. Aegon nods, not paying attention to the sea, but always watching his dear wife.

"The most beautiful." he pushes a strand of her hair behind her ear, watching every movement she makes.

She turns to look at him, finding him staring at her with loving eyes.

Aelon plays quietly in her lap, looking around mesmerised by the butterflies that fly around them.

Aegon extends his arms towards him, but Reina stops him. "You will hurt yourself. He is quite heavy."

"I want to hold him. I have not hold him in a while, please." he pleads her.

She lifts the baby and places it safely in his lap, making him giggle. He looks up at his father and smiles, making Aegon laugh.

"I had never thought I would ever be a father." he whispers, "I promise you, I will be a better father than I had. Than your mother had." Aegon talks with the baby, cooing at him.

Reina sniffles upon hearing his words, making him turn his head in her direction. He smiles at her and grabs her arm, pulling her into his chest. Aegon kisses her head and rubs her arm up and down.

"I love you both. You are my whole world. My everything." he confesses and looks up to the sky, thanking the gods that he was forced to marry this sweet girl he holds in his arms.