Chapter 40

Jacaerys watched Reina as she talked with the guests that attended her wedding with Aegon.

He felt someone touching his shoulder and he looked up at his step father. Daemon sat next to him wanting to know what had gotten into his son.

"Who are you watching?" the older man asked, eyeing the boy suspiciously.

"No one." he averted his eyes from the redhead woman, watching Aegon instead. His eyes filled with anger as he saw his uncle drinking and not making an effort to look happy and pleased on his wedding day.

Daemon looked in the direction he was looking and frowned when his eyes met his nephew. "Are you looking at that cunt?" he asked, while rolling his eyes.

"No, Daemon. Leave me alone." he huffed, making his step father roll his eyes again.

Jace looked again at Reina and sighed.

"Now i know why you were looking at that cunt." Daemon said, patting his shoulder.

"You know nothing." the Prince drank aggressively from his cup.

"I know some things, I know the fact that you wished it was you instead. Giving her your name, taking her to your chambers-"

"Enough." Jacaerys slammed his fist on the table, making Rhaenyra look at him worriedly.

"I was once in your situation, boy. I know it hurts, but you will find another." he waved his hand at him.

"I do not want another. I know I can treat her right, better than that idiot." Jace said angrily, meeting Daemon's eyes.

"You should talk with your mother about this kind of feelings. I can help you with one thing, killing him." he whispered, making the boy's eyes widen.

"No."

"Why not? You want Reina? You can have her, but we have to get rid of her husband first. We can poison him, murder him in his sleep-"

"I will not kill him. I am not that cruel." Jace shook his head.

"You just have to tell me." he shrugged his shoulders and laughed.

The young Prince sighed and drank again from his wine cup, staring again at the girl. Why couldn't he be her husband? Why didn't she choose him?

So instead of overthinking more, he sat up and decided to approach her and ask her for a dance.

•••

His mother decided to travel to King's Landing in order to see her father and forced them to come with her.

However, he did not think that he will find Reina like he did. With a round big belly and with Aegon still by her side, kissing her neck and lips whenever he had the chance to.

His blood boiled as she saw her smiling at her husband and actually enjoying his company. Who would have thought that someone could enjoy his annoying uncle's company?

Jacaerys approached her and kissed her hand. "It it nice to see you again, my lady." he smiled lovingly at her, holding her hand in his.

The young man could feel Aegon's eyes on him, but that only made him smirk. The proud look on his face fell when Reina took her hand from his and moved on to his brother, shaking his hand.

He looked at the other man who was smirking at him and also glaring. In that moment, he wanted to tell Daemon to kill him on the spot, to remove that look from his face.