Epilogue

"The Lords of Westeros are sheep. Are you a sheep? No, you are a dragon." Olenna Tyrell spoke to the Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Stormborn.

"Be a dragon." the old lady demanded, making the Targaryen Queen smile.

"Have you heard the story of the Mad Queen?" Olenna asked the Queen.

"The Mad Queen? I only know The Mad King, my father-"

"No. The Mad Queen. My ancestor." the older woman smiled proudly, "People named her this way because she did something they thought was unforgivable. She avenged her mother."

"Who was she?"

"Reina Tyrell. Wife and Queen of Aegon II Targaryen." she replied, making Daenerys frown.

"Are you talking about the Dance of The Dragons?" the silver haired woman asked, with curious eyes. She heard the stories of the war between Rhaenyra and Aegon and how bloody it was. Several dragons died in that war.

"Indeed. Men hated her. She was often called a witch, because of her bright red hair she inherited from her grandmother, who died because of stupid people and their stupid words." Olenna continued, making the young Queen more interested about this Reina Tyrell's life story.

"Before she was betrothed to King Aegon, she was sold and promised to another man, an older one. A Strong." the woman sighs, "Somehow, she managed to escape that betrothal and Queen Alicent Hightower wedded her to her son, Aegon."

Daenerys nodded, signalling the lady to continue telling her the tale.

"Before that, her mother, Lady Lenora Tyrell, died suspiciously, some days earlier than their 'wedding' which never took place. Reina was devasted, her mother was not ill and the cause of her death was still unexplainable."

"What is this story having to do with me?" Daenerys asked, not understanding the meaning under this story and what Olenna wanted to say to her.

"After she gave birth to their first son, Aelon, when she was only seventeen, she found out the true reason of her mother's death. Lady Lenora Tyrell was poisoned."

"What did she do about it? How did she take revenge?"

Olenna smirked and looked into her purple eyes, "Well, the one who poisoned her was her son and her husband, Alenor and Marton Tyrell."

Daenerys's eyes widen when she heard her words, "Really? Her own son?"

"And Reina's former betrothed, Larys Strong. Do you have any ideas about her way to avenge her?"

The Queen shook her head, "No."

"One night, she stole her husband's dragon, Sunfyre, and fled to Highgarden. She burned down the castle and the city, along with her brother and father. Not even thinking a second about the outcomes of her actions and about their lives." Olenna replied.

Daenerys understood in that moment what she was wanting to say. She nodded, making the older woman smile.

"You are not the only Targaryen in the world, as you may think, Your Grace." the words made the silver haired woman frown.

"Aegon's daughter survived the Dance of The Dragons, Elaena Targaryen, though none of her parents knew. She was brought in Dorne, by someone from Rhaenyra's side, someone unknown until this day. Her descendents live there, carrying a drop of the blood of the dragon in their veins."

Daenerys smiled, somehow comforted by the fact that someone who shared her blood lives in Westeros.

"Now, my dear. You will do how you see fit and how you feel. You will take revenge how Reina did or you will take revenge how your Hand tells you to." the old lady sat up.

The Mother of Dragons nodded, "How did she die? Reina?"

"That is a story for another time."

•••

Daenerys did not live enough to find out how Queen Reina Tyrell died, also known as "The Mad Queen". The Dragon Queen did what she did years ago and got murdered for it.

In the end, people will always call the women who take revenge in a cruel way 'mad'. Because in men's eyes, the powerful women who can kill someone are labelled as MAD.

A/N: "his rose" is finally over! I wanted the epilogue to be a little different and more interesting than the other chapters. I will do an alternative ending soon and after I watch season 2 I will start to write book 2, hopefully! 💖