Chapter 15

Reina is looking out the window, watching the moving clouds on the pale blue sky.

Today is her seventeenth birthday. If her mother would have been alive, she would have entered the room happier than ever and would have gave her a gift. Most of the time she gave her dresses.

Two whole months since her mother died and she married Aegon. She doesn't love him, she would be lying if she said she does. No, but she likes him.

She knows deep down that he doesn't love her either, but something tells her that he doesn't hate her, like she expected him to do.

She sits up and a wave of nausea hits her. For two days she hasn't been feeling good, the headaches getting worse day by day. Not to mention the throwing up, which she loathes.

She is thinking whether or not to go see a maester, maybe he will be able to find the cause of her illness.

When she steps into the halls, she comes face to face with the Queen. Alicent looks at her with a worried look on her face and asks, "You look pale. Is everything alright?"

Reina nods, not wanting to tell her about her problems.

"I have heard it's your birthday today, I bought you a gift." she smiles softly.

Alicent hands her a small box, with a red ribbon on top of it. On it, is engraved a golden rose.

"Thank you, Your Grace." she thanks her kindly, not expecting to receive anything today.

"Open it." the Queen says, unpatient.

Reina unties the strip and opens the lid. In the box there is a gold necklace with a pendant in the shape of a dragon. In the dragon's mouth is a rose. The necklace is beautiful and delicate, suitable for a princess.

"It's beautiful. Thank you." Reina says, giving the chain to Alicent, to put it around her neck.

"It suits you. A Tyrell by blood and a Targaryen by marriage." the Queen smiles, hugging the girl close.

Alicent pulls back and looks at her suspiciously. She puts her hands on her breast, squeezing it. Reina gasps, both from the pain and from the unexpected gesture.

"When was the last time you bled, Reina?" she asks, keeping her hands on her chest.

"Two months ago." the girl answers and realisation hits her. She couldn't be...No, she isn't. They didn't even...Yes, they did.

"Have you got any other symptoms? Maybe throwing up, headaches..." Alicent asks, a glint of worry in her eyes.

"Yes. For two days. I haven't been feeling well for two days." the girl admits.

"We should see a maester. To confirm it..let's not jump to any conclusions." her mother-in-law says, trying to deny the fact that she might be with child.

Reina nods, following Alicent towards the maester's chambers. She knocks softly on the door and the same man from her bedding ceremony opens it.

"Your Grace, Princess." he says, bowing. "Come inside."

The two women steps into the room and sits comfortably on the divan.

Alicent speaks up. "We came here to...to see if the Princess is expecting a baby or not."

"I see..." the old maester says, eyes lighting up with hope.

Reina tells him the way she had been feeling for the past days. "She has not bled for two moons." Alicent interferes. "Her breast are swollen as well."

The maester nods and approaches Reina, cupping one of her breast in his hands. He pulls away, nodding.

"She is with child. In one moon or so, I believe." the old man confirms it.