Chapter 22

"For you, My Princess." a maid approached Reina, handing her a letter, surprisingly, from her brother.

Her hands tremble as she unfolds the paper and scans the words written on it.

My dear Sister,

I want to apologise for the way I acted when we last saw each other. I regret the words I spoke on your wedding day greatly and I wish you could find the heart to forgive me.

I have heard about you giving birth and I want to congratulate you and to wish you all the better. I hope my nephew is healthy and well.

I did not forget how close we were when we were children and how much you loved me back then. I understand if you will not replay to this letter or even read it. Because I know I have treated you bad, not like a brother should have treated his sweet sister.

Your brother, Alenor.

A tear falls from her eyes as she reads the message from her brother. She wants to forgive him, but she is afraid he took part in his father's plan. Deep down, she still loves him and always will.

Under the letter, there is another one. Reina frowns in confusion as she reads Larys's name on it. The maid must have gave it to her when she handed her own.

She hears footsteps and voices and quickly hides the paper in her dress.

"Did I received any letter? I was waiting for one today." Larys's voice is heard over the corridors. He talks firmly with one of the castle's maids.

Reina's heartbeat quickens and she enters the nearest chamber that she finds, which happens to be the one her mother died in.

She pulls the letter from her dress and begins to read it.

I hope you did not forget about our agreement and plan. My son is very impatient and wants to know if you have succeeded in getting rid of her baby.

I am waiting for your answer. Marton and Alenor Tyrell.

Tears begin to fall from her eyes as she realizes the whole letter from her brother was a lie. A sick lie. He did not care about the fact that he hurt her or about her son's life and well-being.

She sits on the bed and starts to sob, clutching the papers in her hands, ripping them in pieces.

The woman leaves the room and heads towards her own. She throws the papers in the fire and wipes her tears rapidly.

Aegon will not find about this. He will not stop her from doing what is necessary. What she must. Her brother and father will pay. For her mother's life and for hers.

•••

The supper is being served. Reina sits next to her husband and to her sister-in-law. She eats in silence watching the others.

"Are you alright?" Helaena asks her.

"Yes. Better than ever." she smiles, lying.

"Did the egg hatched?" the Targaryen woman continues.

"Yes, last night. A beautiful dragon came from it." Reina replies, sipping from her wine goblet.

Helaena nods and eyes her up suspiciously, "Since when do you drink? I thought you hated wine."

"I do not hate wine." the red haired woman answers and puts the goblet down.

Aegon, on the other hand, was watching his wife's actions and behaviour worried. Something was wrong. Something happened that made her act that way.