Chapter 34

"What was in your mind when you did that?" Reina shouts, slamming the door to their chambers.

"When I did what exactly?" Aegon responds.

"When you fucking smashed Luke's head on that table!" she yells, in exasperation. Her breathing is heavy, still panting from how fast she walked after Aegon, due to her condition.

"He deserved it." he unbuttons his blouse, revealing his porcelain skin to her.

"Deserved it? He is your nephew, Aegon!" she speaks loudly, making her husband cover his ears, because of her high-pitched voice.

"Do not cover your ears!" she grabs his arm.

"He called you a mad woman! Did you want me to stay there and let that kid disrespect my wife?!" he yells at her, growing angry with each second that passes.

Her mouth is agape, "Still, you and Aemond ruined the dinner. It was the King's last wish to see you all united and close."

"Oh, gods." he runs a hand through his hair, "I defended my brother."

"It was all perfect and you ruined it!"

"Yes, I know. I ruin everything!" he yells back, throwing his blouse on the floor.

"Do not yell at me!" she shoves his chest.

"Reina." he warns, "Do not make me lose my temper."

"Or what?"

"Or nothing! Please, I did it for you. And for my brother." he pleads her to lower her tone.

"You are unbelievable." Reina sighs, sitting on the edge of the bed, caressing her belly.

"What is that?"

"What is what?" she looks at him confused. His eyes are glued to her wrist, her dress sleeve had rolled up, revealing the purple mark on her skin.

"Your wrist," he says, pointing at it. "You are bruised."

"Oh, this." she touches her sensitive skin, "I hit the table, it was an accident."

"You are lying." Aegon glares at her.

"I am not." she rolls her eyes, hoping she will convince him that she is truthful. "I just told you the truth."

"I do not believe you."

"Well, what a shame." she says sarcastically,  "Now, that was not what we were discussing about." Reina tries to change the subject.

"Tell me who did it."

"Aegon," the woman sighs, "No one did it. It is just a little bruise, it will fade in no time."

"Who did it, Reina?" his tone is harsh and his mind is filled with ways to kill the person who hurt his precious wife. "Was it Larys?"

"No, I have not talked with Larys in months."

"Then who was it?" the Prince kneels in front of her, grabbing her bruised wrist, caressing the mark with his fingers.

"I just told you that-"

"And I just told you I do not believe you. Tell me." he pleads her.

"He grabbed my hand a little harder, he was probably afraid of Aemond." she confesses, trying to defend Jace, who she is sure did not mean to hurt her.

"Jacaerys?" his blood boils and he stands up.

"Yes, but it was not on purpose." Reina tries to calm him down.

"Reina, that bastard hurt you?!"

"Aegon." she warns him, covering her bruised arm with the sleeve.

"Did he?"