Chapter 33

Reina's dress is an extravagant one. The skirt flows gracefully to the floor, made from green and black materials.

The waist is cinched with a golden chained belt, adding definition and creating a flattering hourglass silhouette.

She wears a beautiful necklace around her neck, the sleeves of the gown putting her cleavage and chest in display. She has long rose shaped golden earrings, cherishing her house sigil.

Her hair is down with a few braids in it. The bright shade of red lightning the whole chamber.

Aegon comes behind her, wrapping his arms around her narrow waist, kissing her bare shoulder. "You look lovely, my dear." he whispers, making the woman blush.

"Thank you. You look handsome, too." Reina smiles in response, turning around to admire her husband.

Aegon wears elegant clothes, a buttoned up green blouse, paired with black trousers, and a golden chain secured around his neck.

"I will not be able to concentrate." he complains, taking her hand in his.

Reina laughs and pulls away, looking one more time in the mirror, straightening her heavy dress.

"I am thinking," he sits on the bed, continuing admiring her, "How hard it will be to get this dress off your body, tonight." the man winks, making her roll her eyes.

"Stop rolling your eyes." Aegon warns her, making her chuckle.

The woman nods and grabs his hand, "Get up, we will be late."

He nods, not seeming eager to have dinner with his family, wishing that he would dine together with his wife, as usual.

•••

Reina sits between Aegon and Helaena, across from Otto and Alicent. Between the Queen and the future Queen is an empty seat, waiting for the King to appear. Next to Rhaenyra, sits Daemon. At the head of the table sits Aemond, observing every family member. At the opposite side, sits Lucerys next to his betrothed, Rhaena. Jacaerys sits next to Aegon, across from his mother, Baela at his side.

Aegon drinks from a cup, making Reina roll her eyes again at his old habit.

"What did I tell you?" he raises an eyebrow, angering her.

His wife scoffs, turning away from his prying eyes. She looks at Rhaenyra who laughs along her husband and realises how happy she is to be in the company of her father and the rest of her kin, again.

The doors open and everyone stands up, waiting for the King to be seated at his specific place, by the guards.

They watch in silence as he rests against his chair, breathing heavily.

"How good it is to see you all tonight... together." he grunts, trying to smile.

"Prayer before we begin?" the Queen asks her husband, at which she receives an affirmative answer.

"May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long." she begins her praying, everyone closing their eyes, interlocking their fingers in front them.

"And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." she finishes, making Daemon smirk at her words.

"This is an occasion for celebration, it seems." Viserys speaks up, "My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses." the couples smile at each other.

"A toast to the young princes... and their betrothed." everyone raises their wine cups in the air. Reina smiles softly at Daemon's daughters, hoping they will be loved and cherished by their husbands.