Chapter 37

Aegon was running towards the Dragonpit, hoping that he will reach Sunfyre before the guards will find him, or any person his mother and grandsire send to find him.

He prayed Reina is alright, even though he knew that she is safe in the Keep, he could not ignore the thoughts of something bad happening to her.

His plan did not work. He is hiding just above the Dragonpit, under the central pillar. That woman helped him, but it seems that she failed.

The Prince hears footsteps echoing throughout the whole building. He breathes hard, covering his mouth with his hand. He curses the White Worm in his mind, but also hopes that she will not tell them his hiding place.

Time passes and he lets out a sigh of relief when they stop. He hopes he still have time to go down to his dragon and take off to Dragonstone.

His hopes fade away as soon as he feels hands gripping his shoulders. He tries to fight back, but the guards are much stronger than him.

Ser Arryk and Ser Eryyk pulls him up, staring at his attire.

"Where is the White Worm?" he asks, looking at them. His hair is messy and his clothes are dirty.

"She sold you for a price." one of them says, gripping his arms.

"And why have you paid it?" his voice breaks. "I want my mother."

"Your grandfather, the Hand, will meet you outside the city walls." the guard says.

Aegon takes the chance and pushes him away, running from them. But to no avail, he is pushed down by the man.

"You flee what other men die seeking, Aegon."

The Prince lies on the floor, helpless.

They take him out of the Sept, even though he tries to fight back. They reach the stairs and two men sits up from them.

Aemond, his brother, and Ser Criston, his mother's guard.

Aegon's eyes widen as he sees Cole raising up his sword, "I do regret this, friend."

The silver haired man pushes Ser Arryk once again, running down the cobbled stairs.

Aemond runs after him, trying to catch his older brother. He jumps on him, both hitting the ground.

Ser Arryk and Ser Criston fight with their swords, each of them struggling to win.

"No, stop. No!" Aegon pleads his younger brother, pushing him away. His plea turns into laughter, people look at him like he is a maniac.

"I was hoping you disappeared." Aemond holds him down.

"Is our father truly dead?" Aegon asks.

"Yes, and they are going to make you King." his brother replies.

The older Prince spits him, running away again.

"No!" Aemond yells, grabbing him.

"Are you going to help me?" he yells.

Criston grabs the other man's wrist, his sword falling on the cement.

"No, let me go!" Aegon yells again.

"Where is your brother, huh?" Cole asks Arryk, tightening his grip on him.

"Let me go!" Aegon cries out, hoping to convince his brother to let him leave.

"I have no wish to rule! No taste for duty, I'm not suited."

"You will get no argument from me." his brother replies, holding him tightly.