1

"Hey, Sam

"Hey, Sam." Jessica greeted from her spot on the couch as Sam closed the door behind him, the sudden voice made him jump in surprise.

"Jeez! Jess. What're you doing here? You have your own apartment now. Remember?" Sam rolled his eyes at his best friend.

Jessica met Sam a few years after her parents died and they immediately became best friends. Since Jessica was living on the streets, Sam offered for her to move in with him until they found her an apartment.

"Yeah. I know, but I miss this place." Jessica pouted jokingly.

"Jess, you're here practically everyday." Sam rolled his eyes as he walked over to the fridge.

Jessica sighed before speaking again, "how was your run with Mr. America?" Jessica teased knowing that Sam hated his morning runs.

"It was good actually. I can proudly say that me and Steve are now buddies." Sam shrugged before they heard a knock on the door.

Sam looked at Jessica confused before going to answer the door.

"Hey, man." Sam greeted as he spotted Steve and Natasha Romanoff standing at his door.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve apologised.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat stated.

"Not everyone." Sam shook his head as he let Steve and Nat inside.

———

"So, the question is, who at SHIELD could launch a domestic missile strike?" Nat questioned as they four friends sat down for breakfast.

"Pierce." Steve stated.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world." Nat sighed.

"But he's not working alone." Steve shook his head, "Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star."

"So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat added.

"So, the real question is, how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?" Steve inquired, Sam placed down his plate as Jessica handed him a resume.

"The answer is, you don't." Sam spoke as he put the resume on the table.

"What's this?" Steve questioned.

"Call it a resume." Sam smirked as Nat reached over and grabbed the resume.

"Is this Bakhmala? The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?" Nat asked earning a nod from Sam, "you didn't say he was a pararescue."

"Is this Riley?" Steve asked as he looked at the other person in the picture.

"Yeah." Sam nodded sadly.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What'd you use? A stealth chute?" Nat asked.

"No. These." Sam said handing Steve some other pieces of paper.

"I thought you said you were a pilot." Steve said.

"I never said pilot." Sam shrugged.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam." Steve shook his head, "you got out for a good reason."

"Dude, Captain America needs my help." Sam then looked over at Jessica, "our help." Jessica's eyes widened as Nat looked over at her, "there's no better reason to get back in."

"Where can we get our hands on one of these?" Steve questioned.

"The last one is at Fort Meade." Sam replied, "behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Steve looked over at Nat who shrugged.

"Shouldn't be a problem." Steve smiled.