10

Jessica sat quietly in the corner of the ship, massaging her shoulder slowly because of the pain from the fight

"Thor, report on the Hulk?" Nat asked Thor.

"The gates of Hel are filled with the screams of his victims." Thor smiled earning a glare from Nat, "but not the screams of the dead, of course. No, no, wounded screams."

"Thor." Jessica said getting his attention, "shut up." Thor nodded before walking away and sitting down.

"Hey, Banner. Dr. Cho is on her way from Seoul." Tony mentioned, "is it okay if she sets up in your lab?" Tony asked.

"Uh, yeah. She knows her way around." Bruce nodded as Tony made his way over to Thor and Steve.

"Feels good, yeah? You've been after this thing since SHIELD collapsed." Tony stated looking down at the spectre that layed on the table in front of them.

"No, but this...this brings it to a close." Thor nodded proudly.

"As soon as we find out what else this has been used for. I don't just mean weapons. Since when is Strucker capable of human enhancement?" Steve asked rhetorically.

"Banner and I will give it the once over before is goes back to Asgard." Tony spoke before looking at Thor, "is that cool with you? Just a few days till the farewell party. You're staying, right?" Tony asked.

"Yes, yes, of course. A victory should be honoured with revels." Thor smirked.

"Yeah, who doesn't love revels? Captain?" Tony asked.

"Hopefully this puts an end to the Chitauri and Hydra." Steve sighed, "so, yes, revels."

———

Once the ship landed, Dr. Cho wheeled out Bruce on a hospital bed and led him to the lab as Maria walked onto the ship where Tony, Steve and Jessica still sat.

"Labs all set up, boss." Maria told Tony.

"Actually, he's the boss." Tony said pointing towards Steve, "I just pay for everything and design everything and make everyone look cooler." Tony shrugged.

"That reminds me, when are you gonna start designing my suit?" Jessica asked.

"Soon." Tony shrugged.

"What's the word on Strucker?" Steve asked as he stood up.

"NATO's got him." Maria answered.

"The two Enhanced?" Steve questioned.

"Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins." Maria replied showing Steve a picture of the twins, "orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building."

"Aww, If they didn't attack us, I'd almost feel bad for them." Jessica stated as they started to walk off the ship.

"Sokovia's had a rough history." Maria continued ignoring Jessica's statement, "it's nowhere special, but it's on the way to everywhere special."

"Their abilities?" Steve asked as they walked inside Avenger Campus.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neuroelectric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Maria explained.

"I understood none of that." Jessica said in confusion.

"He's fast and she's weird." Maria shrugged warning a nod from Jessica.

"Well, they're gonna show up again." Steve said as him and Jessica stepped into an elevator.

"Agreed. File says they volunteered for Struckers experiments. It's nuts." Maria sighed.

"Right. What kind of monster would let a German scientist experiment on them to protect their country?" Steve asked with a smirk.

"We're not at war, Captain." Maria warned.

"You're right. We're not. They are." Jessica shrugged as the elevator closed.