11

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Nat asked as she looked at Clint's fresh wound, "pretending to need this guy really brings the team together

"Are you sure he's gonna be okay?" Nat asked as she looked at Clint's fresh wound, "pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Nat smirked.

"There's no possibility of deterioration." Dr. Cho answered, "the nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacra."

"She's creating tissue." Bruce stated.

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration cradle could do this in 20 minutes." Dr. Cho shrugged.

"Oh, he's flat-lining. Call it. Time?" Tony joked as he walked in the room with a tray of drinks.

"No, no, no." Clint denied, "I'm gonna live forever." Clint chuckled as Tony handed him a drink, "I'm gonna be made of plastic."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton." Dr. Cho smiled, "your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference."

"I don't have a girlfriend." Clint mumbled.

"That I can't fix." Dr. Cho said awkwardly before looking towards Tony as Jessica laughed quietly, "this is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are gonna be left in the dust."

"That is exactly the plan." Tony nodded, "and, Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday."

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." Dr. Cho stated, "will Thor be there?" She asked.

"Of course he will." Jessica nodded making Dr. Cho smile.

———

"But, you know, the suit can take the weight, right?" Rhodey asked rhetorically as he picked up his wine glass, "so I take the tank, fly it right up to the generals palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom. You looking for this?" Rhodey finished his story only receiving looks of confusion from his friends, "Boom. You looking for this?" Rhodey repeated hoping to get some sort of reaction, "why do I even talk to you guys?" Rhodey sighed giving up, "everywhere else, that story kills."

"Oh! That was a story? I thought you were rehearsing a play." Jessica laughed taking a sip from her wine glass.

"That's the whole story?" Thor questioned.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey said In disappointment.

"Oh, it's very good, then." Thor lied before laughing awkwardly, "it's impressive."

"Quality save." Jessica said patting Thor on the back.

"So, no Pepper? She's not coming?" Rhodey asked Tony.

"No." Tony shook his head.

"What about Jane?" Maria asked Thor, "where are the ladies, gentlemen?" Maria teased.

"Oh, Ms. Potts has a company to run." Tony shrugged.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Janes in." Thor stated, "her work on the Convergence has made her the worlds foremost astronomer."

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on Earth." Tony added, "it's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a Nobel Prize." Thor started to ramble.

"Yeah. They must be busy because they would hate missing you guys get together." Maria spoke, "testosterone!" Maria coughed as Rhodey and Jessica led her away.

———

"It's a trick." Clint said once everyone had left the party.

"No, no, it's much more than that." Thor laughed.

"Ah, whosoever be he worthy shall haveth the power." Clint mocked as he twirled a drumstick in his hand, "whatever man, it's a trick!"

Thor laughed, "please, be my guest." Thor said gesturing to his hammer that sat on the coffee table in front of them.

"Really?" Clint questioned.

"Yeah, come on, Clint." Jessica encouraged, Clint rolled his eyes standing up and walking over to the table.

"Clint, you've had a tough week. We won't hold it against you if you can't get up." Tony teased as Clint grabbed the handle and started to pull, grunting as he struggled to pick up the hammer, "smell the silent judgement." Tony laughed.

"Please, Stark. By all means." Clint said moving out of the way so that Tony could have a go picking up the hammer.

"It's physics." Tony shrugged before struggling to pick up the hammer.

"Is it still physics?" Jessica joked.

"Would you like to have a go Miss. Murphy?" Tony asked.

"I'm glad you asked, Mr. Stark." Jessica smirked as she stood up but failed miserably to lift the hammer.

"Let me show you how it's done." Steve said as he stood up, Jessica sat down next to Thor and watched carefully as Steve pulled the hammer up a little bit before he let go and sat back down.

"All deference to the Man Who Wouldn't Be King, but it's rigged." Tony complained.

"You bet your ass." Clint agreed.

"Steve, he said a bad language word." Maria joked making Steve glare at Jessica.

"Did you tell everyone about that?" Steve asked.

"In my defence, it was way to funny not to tell anyone." Jessica shrugged leaning back in her seat before a high pitched sound echoed the building.