24

"So, you like cats?" Sam asked T'Challa as they now sat in the back of a police car

"Sam." Steve warned.

"What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat, you don't wanna know more?" Sam asked jokingly.

"Your suit...it's Vibranium?" Steve questioned.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now because your friend murderer my father...I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you as both warrior and king how king do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'challa replied before they got let out of the car, just in time to see Bucky get pulled away in a cage.

"What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked walking towards Sharon.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition." An unknown person spoke.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander." Sharon introduced.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked harshly.

"Lawyer. That's funny." Everett chuckled, "see their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt."

"I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that." Sam yelled as he watched agents take his weapons away.

"That's my gun." Jessica said sadly following Sam and Steve down the hall but not before looking back at Bucky.

———

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favour, stay in it?" Everett mentioned as they walked through the campus.

"I don't intend on going anywhere." T'Challa replied.

"For the record, this is what making things worse looks like." Nat said joining Steve's side.

"Nice to see you too, Natasha." Jessica spoke sarcastically.

"He's alive." Steve said referring to Bucky as they walked into a room filled with cameras.

"Try not to break anything while we fix this." Nat warned her friends.

"Consequences? You bet they'll be consequences!" Tony yelled before hanging up his phone.

"Consequences?" Steve questioned.

"Secretary Ross wants the three of you prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony shrugged.

"I'm not getting that shield back, am I?" Steve asked.

"Technically, it's the government's property." Nat chimed in, "Wings, too."

"What about—?"

"And the gun." Nat said cutting of Jessica.

"Dammit." Jessica cussed under her breath.

"Steve, she said a bad word." Tony teased making Steve roll his eyes.

———

Jessica bit her nails anxiously as she watched the security footage of Bucky in the cage as Zemo started to talk.

"Hello, Mr. Barnes. I've been sent by the United Nations to evaluate you." Zemo said before taking a seat, "your first name is James?" Zemo asked receiving no answer.

"The receipt for your gear." Sharon said handing Sam and Jessica a piece of paper each.

"Bird costume?" Come on." Sam complained.

"I didn't write it." Sharon replied.

"She wouldn't even know how to spell "costume"." Jessica chuckled earning a fist bunk from Sam and a glare from Sharon making Jessica sink in her seat, "sorry." Jessica apologised before turning back to the screen as Sharon pressed a button to reveal another video of Bucky from inside his cage.

"I'm not here to judge you." Zemo spoke, "I just want to ask you a few questions. Do you know where you are, James?" Zemo earned no response, "I can't help you if you don't talk to me, James."

"My name is Bucky." Bucky answers finally.

"Why would the task force release this photo to begin with?" Steve asked looking at the photo of Bucky that was on the news.

"Get the word out, involve as many eyes as we can?" Sharon suggested.

"Right. It's a good way to flush a guy out of hiding. Set off a bomb, get your picture taken. Got seven billion people looking for the Winter Soldier." Steve nodded.

"You're saying someone framed him to find him?" Jessica caught on.

"Steve, we looked for the guy for two years and found nothing." Sam stated.

"We didn't bomb the UN. That turns a lot of heads." Steve mentioned.

"Yeah, but that doesn't guarantee that whoever framed him would get him it guarantees that we would." Sharon shrugged.

"Unless..." Jessica trailed off looking towards Zemo on one of the monitors.

"Yeah." Steve agreed.

"Tell me, Bucky. You've seen a great deal, haven't you?" Zemo asked.

"I don't wanna talk about it." Bucky mumbled.

"You fear that if you open your mouth, the horrors might never stop. Don't worry. We only have to talk about one." Zemo smirked before all the power cut off.