19

"Pietro, no!" Jessica warned knowing what he was about to do, Pietro looked back at Jessica before shrugging and running in front of Clint, who was holding a child, to protect them from the bullets that were being shot their way

Jessica closed her eyes tightly and when she opened them again she spotted Pietro with multiple bullet wounds.

"Pietro?" Jessica sobbed with tears in her eyes.

"You didn't see that coming?" Pietro smiled before falling to the ground.

"No. No!!" Jessica cried, falling to her knees as she watched another person die.

Steve spotted the crying girl and quickly ran towards her, "Jess.." Steve sighed leaning over and hugging her as her breathing got heavier and she sobbed in his arms, "it's okay."

"No it's not. People are dying, and the only thing I ever do is stand there and watch them die!" Jessica cried.

———

Jessica sat in her room biting her nails anxiously before she heard footsteps come up behind her.

"I could've done more." Jessica sighed.

"There was nothing you could do." The familiar voice of Sam spoke making Jessica turn around slightly to face him.

"I could've done something. Anything. But I decided to stand there and watch! It was like watching my parents death all over again." Jessica said looking down as Sam sat beside her.

"Jess, this is stupid. You shouldn't feel guilty about something that isn't your fault! Pietro decided to run into those bullets. It was his decision not yours." Sam slightly shouted making Jessica nod shyly, "now, come on. They're waiting for us." Sam said holding out his hands to help Jessica stand up before they walked towards Avengers Campus.