25

Everything shut off

Everything shut off. The lights. The monitors. Everything.

"Come on, guys. Get me eyes on Barnes." Everett said through his walky talky as Jessica snuck out of the room and down the hallway towards the room that Bucky was in, stopping when she stopped Zemo on the floor.

"Help me." Zemo mumbled making Jessica roll her eyes and Sam and Steve ran around the corner.

"Cut the bullshit. Where's Bucky?" Jessica asked with a scoff.

"Jessica move." Steve said before grabbing Zemo by his collar, "who are you? What do you want?"

"To see an empire fall." Zemo answered simply before Bucky came from around the corner.

"Jessica!" Sam yelled making Jessica turn around just in time to dodge Bucky's punch but she wasn't quick enough to dodge his kick in her stomach making her fall backwards into a wall.

Sam jumped in to help but he was quickly put into a choke hold and fell the ground as well.

Steve grabbed Bucky from behind making Bucky turn around and kick Steve through a door before they continued to fight.

"Sam, you okay?" Jessica asked breathlessly when she noticed Sam starting to open his eyes, Sam nodded in response as Jessica helped him up until his eyes landed on someone, Zemo.

"Hey." Sam called out making Zemo run, Sam and Jessica looked at each other before running after him.

———

Sam and Jessica followed Zemo outside of the building losing him in the crowd of frantic people.

Sam looked around as Jessica's eyes landed on a jacket on the ground. Jessica kneeled down and picked it up immediately recognising the jacket.

"Damn it." Jessica mumbled to herself realising that they had lost Zemo.

———

"Hey, look who's up!" Jessica chuckled as she watched Bucky wake up after he almost drowned, "Hey, Cap!" Jessica called out to get Steve's attention.

"Steve." Bucky mumbled.

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve questioned.

"Your mums name is Sarah. You used to wear newspapers in your shoes." Bucky chuckled.

"Aww." Jessica cooed earning a sharp glare from Steve, "can't read that in a museum." Jessica shrugged.

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam asked.

"What did I go?" Bucky questioned.

"Enough." Steve answered simply.

"Oh, god. I knew this would happen." Bucky sighed, "everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Jessica asked.

"I don't know." Bucky shrugged.

"People are dead. The bombing, the setup. The doctor did all that just to get 10 minutes with you." Jessica stated, "so, who is he?" Bucky looked up at Jessica.

"He wanted to know about Siberia." Bucky answered, "where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Why would he need to know that?" Steve asked.

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier." Bucky replied.

"Okay. That I was not expecting." Jessica sighed deeply.

"Who were they?" Steve asked.

"Their most elite death squad. More kills than anyone in HYDRA history. And that was before the serum." Bucky answered.

"They all turn out like you?" Sam asked.

"Worse." Bucky huffed.

"The doctor, could he control them?" Jessica questioned, Bucky looked into Jessica's eyes.

"Enough." Bucky answered before looking away.

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall." Steve stated.

"With these guys, he could do it. They speak 30 languages, can hide in plain sight, infiltrate, assassinate, destabilise. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see then coming." Bucky panted.

"This would've been a lot easier a week ago." Jessica sighed.

"If we call Tony..." Steve started.

"No, he won't believe us." Sam cut Steve off.

"Even if he did..." Steve spoke.

"Who knows if the Accords would let him help." Sam shook his head.

"We're on our own." Steve shrugged.

"Maybe not." Sam smirked, "I know a guy."