12

"Worthy

"Worthy." An unfamiliar voice spoke making them all turn around to face a robot that they had never seen before, "No. How could you be worthy? You're all killers."

"Stark." Steve said looking at Tony.

"Jarvis." Tony sighed.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep." The robot apologised, or I was a dream. There was this terrible noise. And I was tangled in...strings. I had to kill the other guy. He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve questioned.

"Wouldn't have been my first call. But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked.

"I see a suit of armour around the world." The robot answered.

"Ultron." Bruce said in realisation.

"In the flesh. Or, no, not yet. Not this chrysalis. But I'm ready." Ultron spoke as Jessica loaded her gun behind her back, "I'm on mission."

"What mission?" Nat questioned.

"Peace in our time." Ultron answered before robots blasted through the walls, Jessica instantly started to shoot at the robots as Steve kicked the coffee table into some other robots.

Jessica suddenly flew backwards as Ultron sent a blast her way, Jessica groaned as she landed with a thud.

Jessica quickly stood up and ran towards a robot, jumping on the robots back she grabbed his neck breaking his head off his body before another robot blasted her.

Jessica quickly grabbed her gun and started shooting at multiple robots dodging the shoots they threw at her.

Jessica looked to her right when she spotted something shining in the corner of her eye, Steve's Shield.

Jessica quickly ran to pick it up when she noticed Steve looking for it, "Cap!" Jessica called out making Steve turn around, "Catch." Jessica yelled as she threw the shield to Steve allowing him to throw it at the last robot leaning only Ultron standing.

"That was dramatic. I'm sorry, I know you mean well. You just didn't think it through." Ultron spoke slowly as Jessica breathed heavily, "you want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?" Ultron asked rhetorically before picking up a robot, "with these? These puppets. There's only one path to peace. The Avengers extinction." Thor shook his head before throwing his hammer at Ultron making him break into pieces, "I had strings, but now I'm free." Ultron mumbled one last time before shutting down.