20

In distant Lagos, Jessica sat at a table near a small cafe as she slowly dipped at her coffee, her earpiece sitting comfortably in her ear

"All right. What do you see?" Steve asked Wanda over the radio.

"Standard best cops." Wanda shrugged, "small station. Quiet street. It's a good target."

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve questioned.

"Cameras." Wanda answered as she chewed her nail anxiously.

"Both cross streets are one way." Steve added.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda sighed.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wands shrugged not seeing the point to Steve's inquiry.

"It's also bulletproof." Nat chimed in, "which means private security...which means more guns...which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us."

"Damn. I have got to get myself one of those." Jessica joked before sipping her coffee.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asked rhetorically.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature." Nat stated making Wanda look over at her.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam entered the conversation from his spot on the roof of a tall building.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked with a smirk.

"Eyes on target, folks." Steve spoke, "this is the best lead we've had on Runlow in six months. I don't want to lose him."

"If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kinda hates us." Sam scoffed.

"Sam...see that garbage truck? Tag it." Sam nodded as he let a drone fly underneath the truck.

"That trucks loaded for max weight. And the drivers armed." Sam said after a few moments.

"It's a battering ram." Nat said.

"Go now." Steve instructed.

"What?" Jessica asked in shock before she spotted Sam flying towards the truck.

———

"Rumlow has a biological weapon." Steve said through the radio.

"I'm on it." Nat answered before turning towards Jessica, "you gonna be okay?" Jessica nodded before Nat rode away in her motorbike.

Jessica turned away and spotted an army of men surrounding her.

"Shit. Look, I don't really wanna fight today. How about we—" Jessica was cut off when one of the men shot at her, the bullet just missing her head, "Okay. That's fine." Jessica shrugged turning to walk away but backtracked and turned and punched one of the men in the face.

Jessica face dropped quickly when she realised that the men were armed, "I did not think this through!" Jessica exclaimed as she tried to dodge every bullet along with knocking out the army.

———

Jessica ran through the swarm of people only stopping when she spotted Rumlow and Steve fighting, she decided to step in when Rumlow pulled out a knife.

Jessica ran towards Rumlow and jumped on his back, much to his surprise as he squirmed to get her off his back.

Eventually, he managed to shake her off making her fall to the ground with a loud thud but also giving her the opportunity to trio him making his helmet fall off.

Steve stormed towards Rumlow grabbing his collar to make him look at Steve.

"Who's your buyer?" Steve asked harshly as Jessica stood up slowly.

"You know, he knew you. Your pal, your buddy, your Bucky." Rumlow answered.

"What did you say?" Steve said his face slowly dropping.

"He remembered you. I was there. He got all weepy about it. Till they put his brain back in a blender. He wanted you to know something. He said to me..."please tell Rogers. When you gotta go...you gotta go." And you're coming with me." Before Rumlow could do anything else he lit up in flames and got thrown into a building.

Jessica flinched as she watched to building burn down before turning to look at Wanda, who was in just as much shock at what she had just done.