31

Tony paused

Tony paused. His attention now on a video that played on the screen in front of him. It was Bucky. Bucky, murdering Tonys parents.

"What is this?" Tony questioned, his eyes never leaving the screen before he finally looked up at Bucky.

"Tony..." Jessica began before Tony went to launch himself at Bucky but Steve held him back.

"No, Tony." Steve said, holding Tony back.

"Did you know?" Tony asked Steve.

"I didn't know it was him." Steve made himself clear.

"Don't bullshit me, Rogers. Did you know?" Tony asked again.

"Yes." Steve replied, Tony pushed himself out of Steve's grasp before knocking Steve to the ground.

Bucky instantly raised his gun but Tony was quick to blast it out of his hands and grab Bucky into a chokehold up against the wall.

"Tony!" Jessica screamed, her gun raised, "let him go." Tony turned towards her before dropping Bucky and making his way towards Jessica.

"Did you also know about this?" Tony asked, Jessica shook her head, Tony sighed before blasting Jessica into the wall, knocking her out.

———

"Jess. Wake up. Please." Bucky begged, Jessica was still up against the wall that she passed out on and the fight was still happening, Jessica looked at Bucky as Steve and Tony fought in the background.

"Buck..." Jessica smiled before looking at the cuts and scars on his face, "are you okay?" Bucky nodded.

"I'm just glad you're okay." Bucky smiled, leaning his forehead on Jessica's before helping her stand up and run into a separate room, hoping to hide away from Tony.

Seconds later, Tony and Steve made their way into the same room.

"This isn't gonna change what happened." Steve shook his head.

"I don't care." Tony replied, "he killed my mum." Tony said before launching himself at Steve again.

"I've gotta do something." Jessica shook her head.

"No. You stay right here. I can't let you get hurt." Bucky held her back.

"Steve is dying out there." Jessica exclaimed.

"I know. You stay here, I'll go help. Go find safety." Bucky nodded before turning away from her.

"Bucky!" Jessica called out making him turn around, Jessica shook her head before running towards Bucky and kissing him, it was a short kiss but it was all that mattered, "please, be okay." Jessica smiled before running away to find safety.

———

"You sure about this?" Steve asked as he walked towards Bucky with Jessica beside him.

"I can't trust my own mind." Bucky shook his head, "so, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head...I think going back under is the best thing." Bucky looked over at Jessica, tears welling in his and her eyes, "for everybody."

The capsule closed. Locking Bucky inside. Jessica grabbed into Steve arm as Bucky got frozen inside.

———

Jessica stood beside Steve as they looked out the window, looking down on Wakanda. Tears still spilling out of Jessica's eyes as T'Challa walked up to them.

"Thank you for this." Steve spoke.

"Your friend and my father..." T'Challa started, "they were both victims. If I can help one of them find peace..."

"You know, if they find out he's here..." Steve trailed off, "they'll come for him."

"Let them try." T'Challa nodded.