29

"Guys, I don't know if you've noticed but a building is about to fall on top of us?" Jessica stated as she watched the building crumble but before it could fall over Wanda stopped it with her telekinesis and threw the building to the side

Bucky and Jessica shared a glance before they continued to run towards the Quinjet.

"You're not gonna stop." Nat stopped them.

"You know I can't." Steve shrugged.

"I'm gonna regret this." Nat sighed before blasting a laser as T'Challa, who stood behind them, "Go." Nat nudged her head towards the Quinjet.

Jessica smiled at Nat before getting into the Quinjet, Bucky and Steve following.

———

"Can I drive?" Jessica asked Steve as he flew the Quinjet.

"No. What is your obsession with driving things?" Steve rolled his eyes.

"It's cool." Jessica shrugged.

Bucky rolled his eyes before pushing Jessica back into her seat.

"I never get to have any fun!" Jessica pouted.

———

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked.

"Whatever it is...I'll deal with it." Steve sighed.

"I don't know if I'm worth all this, Steve." Bucky shook his head.

"What you did all those years...it wasn't you." Steve reassured, "you didn't have a choice."

"I know." Bucky nodded sadly, "but I did it."

———

Jessica sat in the small bathroom of the Quinjet quietly crying as she looked at a photo of her parents.

"I miss you guys." Jessica whispered before she heard the bathroom door open making her quickly tuck the photo away and wipe her tears.

"Hey, you okay?" Bucky questioned making Jessica turn around.

"Yeah. Just...family stuff." Jessica sniffled, more tears streaming door her face.

"Hey, you can talk to me. My past hasn't been so bright either." Bucky laughed attempting to brighten the mood as he sat on the edge of the bathtub.

Jessica smiled as she sat beside him, "Okay. Well...when I was about 9, my parents were murdered." Jessica gulped trying to stop the tears.

"Jess, I'm so sorry." Bucky said sadly.

"I was living on the streets for a few years until Sam found me and took me in until I found myself an apartment, and now I'm here still thinking that my parents deaths might've been my fault." Jessica sobbed.

"Jessica. I'm telling you right now, it wasn't your fault. You're amazing. Anyone would be lucky to have a daughter like you, okay?" Bucky smiled in hope to cheer his friend up.

Jessica nodded, "thanks, Buck." Jessica smiled back before wrapping her arms around him.

The hug lasted a few seconds before Steve barged in, "Okay, lovebirds. We're here."