2

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch?" Sam questioned as Sitwell answered the phone thinking it was Pierce, "I hear the crab cakes here are delicious

"Agent Sitwell, how was lunch?" Sam questioned as Sitwell answered the phone thinking it was Pierce, "I hear the crab cakes here are delicious."

"Who is this?" Sitwell questioned.

"The good looking guy in the glasses, your 10 o'clock." Sam smirked to himself as Sitwell looked over at him.

"What do you want?" Sitwell asked.

"You're gonna go around the corner to your right. There's a gray car two spaces down. You and I are gonna take a ride." Sam explained.

"And why would I do that?" Sitwell inquired.

"Because that tie looks really expensive and I'd hate to mess it up." Sam taunted.

———

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve said as he pushed Sitwell through the door that led to the roof of his apartment building.

"Never heard of it." Sitwell shrugged.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked.

"I was throwing up. I get seasick." Sitwell said honestly as he fell backwards almost falling off the roof but Steve caught him last minute, "is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers."

"You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve quickly moved out of the way as Jessica ran towards Sitwell and kicked him off the roof.

"Well, my job here is done." Jessica smirked before turning to walk away, but before she could get far Sam flew onto the roof with Sitwell in his hands.

"Zola's algorithm is a program!" Sitwell spoke hoping not to get kicked off the roof again, "for choosing insights targets."

"What targets?" Steve questioned.

"You! The TV anchor in Cairo, the under secretary of defence, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephen Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now, or in the future." Sitwell explained.

"In the future? How could it know?" Steve asked making Sitwell laugh.

"How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical histories, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates people's past to predict their future." Sitwell answered.

"What then?" Steve questioned.

"Oh my god, Pierce is gonna kill me." Sitwell mumbled.

"What then?!" Steve shouted.

"Then the insight helicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time."