17

Jessica woke up, looking around confused, unsure of where she was

"I wasn't sure you'd wake up." The familiar voice of Ultron spoke, "I hoped you would. I wanted to show you. I don't have anyone else." Jessica let out a small groan when Ultron reached over and ripped the tape off her mouth, "I think a lot about meteors. The purity in them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild. I was meant to be new. I was meant to be beautiful. The world would have looked to the sky and seen hope, seen mercy. Instead, they'll look up in horror because of you." Jessica started to crawl backwards in fear as Ultron began walking towards her, "you've wounded me. I give you full marks for that. But, like the man said, what doesn't kill me...just makes me stronger."

Jessica panted heavily as Ultron locked her in a prison cell with nothing but boxes and storage surrounding her.

———

"Jessica!" Jessica quickly peeled up at the sound off her name and ran towards the bars of the cell.

"Bruce? Is that you?" Jessica called out, recognising the voice.

"You all right?" Bruce asked looking at his friend.

"Yeah. I'm just glad it wasn't Nat or anyone else." Jessica smiled.

"The team is in the city. It's about to light up." Bruce mentioned.

"I don't suppose you found a key lying around somewhere." Jessica said as she looked around.

"Yeah, I did." Bruce smiled as he ran backwards a little bit before blasting the cell open.

"So what's our play?" Jessica questioned once she got out.

"I'm here to get you to safety." Bruce answered.

"Jobs not finished." Jessica said furrowing her eyebrows.

"We could help with the evacuation, but I can't be in a fight near civilians." Bruce shrugged, "and you've done plenty. Our fight is over."

"So, we just disappear?" Jessica asked before the building started to shake.

"We gotta move." Bruce said pushing Jessica out of the building.

"You're not gonna turn green?" Jessica asked, Bruce shook his head, "Good." Jessica nodded before pushing off a small cliff, "But I need the other guy." As if on cue, Hulk jumped up in front of her making her flinch, "I don't know how Nat isn't scared of whatever that was." Jessica sighed earning a grunt from Hulk, "let's finish the job." Jessica smiled as she jumped on Hulks back and he very aggressively piggy backed Jessica into the woods, "I really hope this makes us even." Jessica panted, "now go be a hero." Jessica smiled as Hulk stomped away.

———

Once Jessica made it to the city, she spotted Clint struggling to take out all the robots so she decided to jump in and help by grabbing her gun out of her waistband and shooting a few robots, Clint looked around confused before his eyes landed on Jessica.

"I thought you could use some help." Jessica smiled at Clint as he sighed in relief.

"I thought you were dead." Clint said hugging Jessica tightly.

"As sweet as this is, we have a job to do." Pietro chimed in before speeding off.

Jessica nodded before running over to attack some robots as Clint shot arrows at some other robots.