𝟬𝟯. revolving burst of emotion

CHAPTER THREE
time after time i tried to fight it

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐈t seemed like the rest had arrived safely back at the Toretto household. Josephine parked her Honda outside the front porch where there had been a space left. Mia rushed inside the house, a little anxious from all the running. I suppose she was never going to get used to it. Josephine sighed, stepping out of her car and lingering outside for a second to check the familiar cars parked around the neighborhood.

     There was no sign of Dom's red Mazda.

     She bit her lips, slamming the car door close before marching up the steps. Before she could even enter the house, Vince was already there in front of her, a half-empty bottle of Corona in his right hand. Her eyes narrowed. The stinking smell of cigarettes, booze, and sex coming from inside the house entered her nostrils like an unwanted guest.

     "Jo, hey!" Vince spread his arms, a big smile on his face. He was obviously a little intoxicated but she didn't point it out as she pushed past him inside her home. He shoved his Corona toward her. "Let's party. Have a beer or some shit."

     Josephine frowned, begrudgingly taking the beer as she studied the living room full of unfamiliar faces and obscene images of people making out on their couch, table, the stairs, and even by the kitchen doorway. She hoped nobody was making out on their dining table because that's all she was ever going to think about after this party. It was a horrible thought. 

     "Is Dom here?" She asked but Vince shrugged, getting pulled away by a random chick she didn't try to know. The no answers were really starting to frustrate her. She saw Letty by the TV and sent her a questioning look. "Dom?"

     "I saw him get into his car," Letty told her. "He'll be here." 

     Well, that didn't make her feel better. Josephine scoffed under her breath and walked back to the front of the house.

     Mia peered down the stairs and looked at her. "Come on, Jo. Let's wait for him up here."

     "Yeah," Josephine muttered, giving her surroundings one glance before she trudged upstairs. She shook her head, mumbling to herself as she followed her sister to her room: "Dom's going to be pissed."

     "Brian's hot," Mia said out of nowhere. She lied on her chest on her bed, her medical book opened in front of her. Sitting by her vanity, Josephine looked bored out of her mind. Well, not until she said that. "And he's older."

     "So what?" Josephine grumbled, fiddling with a makeup brush Mia had left on the table. "Don't tell me you're one of those girls who likes older men?"

     Mia flipped on her back and sat up, raising an eyebrow at her. "You're the one who has a history with older men."

     "They were a year or two older, and honestly quite a handful." Josephine rolled her eyes. She shifted on her seat, facing her younger sister with a nonchalant look. "I wouldn't call those ones men."

     "I don't know." Mia sighed dreamily, painting a pretty picture of Brian and Josephine in her mind. "Brian's just... He's too good to be true━which means he's totally for you, by the way."

     Josephine scowled. "I don't want him."

     "You keep saying that but you keep flirting with him." Mia stood up, mindlessly walking over her windows and leaning against the rail. She gave her a narrowed look. "Are you trying to make the man go crazy, Jo?"