𝟭𝟵. divide the constant tide

CHAPTER NINETEEN
don't blame me love made me crazy

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

     𝐖ell, Josephine had a different thing in mind. A large group of Braga's men were already waiting for them in the middle of nowhere between mountains and mountains. There were a few black SUVS behind the men and an armored Hummer near them. Fenix drove toward them and parked his green Gran Torino between the other vehicles of his associates. The drivers who had the packages pulled up next to each other and faced the others, their headlights turning off.

     Josephine anxiously tapped a finger on her steering wheel, watching as the men surged forward, dispersing into each car to take the package from the trunk. No, she wasn't scared of them. She was more afraid of the fact that Dominic was about to do something reckless and Josephine was going to help him either way. This situation only ends in one way. The siblings were going to have to work together for this to end well.

     "Sloppy!" Fenix angrily stepped out of his car. He didn't look too happy as he glared at the drivers through their windshields. "Very sloppy!"

     Josephine glanced at her brother to see him exchange a look with Brian across them. Her gaze turned back to Fenix who approached them rather dangerously as he pulled something behind his back. The atmosphere changed. Suddenly all of Braga's men were all up in their faces and they were holding loaded rifles that hung loosely around their arms. Their fingers were on the trigger and they looked like they were planning to use them.

     "What are you doing, man?" One of the guys marched toward the Chevelle as Dominic stayed put in his car. He smacked the hood of the car, hurriedly telling her brother to step out of the vehicle. "Come on. Get out!"

     Josephine had to snap out of her staring when another one knocked hard on the roof of her car. He raised his rifle and proceeded to tap it on her opened window, making Brian look over at them as he stepped out of his Skyline. He seemed alert and he almost wanted to rush over when the guy decided to grab Josephine's arm and attempted to pull her faster out of the driver's seat. She did not take that lightly.

     "¡No me toques, cabrón," Josephine hissed, her second language familiar in her tongue. The man glared at her but he didn't touch her again as she moved forward on her own. Her narrowed gaze briefly flickered toward Brian to see him already looking at her with a worried frown.

     One of the drivers with them━the guy with the yellow Mustang━was making quite a loud fuss about it. He didn't like the way the armed men were pushing him around. The other driver, Tash, tried to make his friend calm down but Malik was too irritated. Well, not until he stopped in front of Fenix and the latter pulled a gun at his face. Josephine stiffened, ignoring the guy who was keeping an eye on her like the rest of them on each driver.

     "Hey, boss man!" Dom cuts in before Fenix puts a bullet in the poor driver's head. 

     Fenix slowly lowered his arms, his expression darkening. "What did you say?"

     "I said only pussies run nitrometh," Dom retorted, which made Josephine scowl at Fenix━the man slowly realizing the situation as his darkening eyes wandered between the siblings.

     "You looked under my hood?" Fenix demanded. He looked furious. Then he sauntered toward Dominic with a certain threat. "I'm talking to you. Got something on your mind?"

      Josephine tried so hard to stay put as she stood between all of them with her own personal guard. Brian kept glancing at her, probably expecting her back up her brother, but it was too early for that. Dominic could take Fenix. Josephine wasn't sure about the rest so she didn't do anything unless Dominic started something. After all, she wasn't a stranger to fights and guns and chaos.